§ 809.4. Physical and environmental controls for equipment.
(a) An interactive gaming system and the associated communications systems must be located in facilities which provide physical protection against damage from fire, flood, hurricane, earthquake, and other forms of natural or manmade disaster by utilizing and implementing at least all of the following measures:
(1) Security perimeters (barriers such as walls, card controlled entry gates or manned reception desks) must be used to protect areas that contain interactive gaming systems components.
(2) Secure areas must be protected by appropriate entry controls to ensure that access is restricted to only authorized personnel.
(3) All access must be recorded in a secure log which is available for inspection by Board staff.
(4) Secure areas must include an intrusion detection system. Attempts at unauthorized access must be logged.
(b) Interactive gaming system servers must be located in server rooms which prohibit unauthorized access.
(c) Interactive gaming system servers must be housed in racks located within a secure area.
(d) Interactive gaming system components must provide all of the following minimum utility support:
(1) Interactive gaming system components must be provided with adequate primary power.
(2) Interactive gaming system components must have uninterruptible power supply equipment to support operations in the event of a power failure.
(3) There must be adequate cooling for the equipment housed in the server area.
(4) Power and telecommunications cabling carrying data or supporting information services must be protected from interception or damage.
(5) There must be adequate fire protection for the interactive gaming system components housed in the server room.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.