§ 441.4. Permit fees.
(a) Permit issuance fees. Issuance fees shall be used to defray costs incurred by the Department in reviewing and processing the application and plan, including the preliminary review of the site location identified in the application, and issuing and processing the permit.
(1) Issuance fees shall be as follows:
(i) Minimum use driveways$15.
(ii) Low volume driveways$30.
(iii) Medium volume driveways$40.
(iv) High volume driveways$50.
(2) Supplement fee each six-month time extension or each submitted change shall be$10.
(b) General permit inspection fees. General inspection fees shall be used to defray costs incurred by the Department in spot inspection of permitted work or subsequent inspection after the permitted work has been completed, to insure compliance with the permit and this chapter; they shall be as follows:
(1) Minimum use driveway$10 each.
(2) Low volume driveway$20 each.
(3) Medium volume driveway$35 each.
(4) High volume driveway$50 each.
(c) Exemptions. Permit issuance fees and general permit inspection fees shall not be payable by any of the following:
(1) The Commonwealth.
(2) Political subdivisions of this Commonwealth.
(3) Governmental authorities organized under the laws of this Commonwealth.
(4) The Federal government.
(5) Charitable organizations which are exempt from or in compliance with act of August 9, 1963, P. L. 628, No. 337 (10 P. S. § § 160-1160-17).
(d) Additional inspection fees. If the Department determines that the permitted work is of sufficient magnitude or importance to warrant assignment of one or more employes to inspect the permitted work on a more than spot inspection basis, the permit will so indicate and the permittee shall be charged for all salary, overhead, and expenses incurred by the Department for inspection.
(e) Refunds. The Department will refund the general permit inspection fees on unused permits. In order to be eligible to receive such a refund, the permittee shall deliver the request with the permittees copy of the permit to the issuing district permit office on or before the permit expiration date.
(1) A refund processing fee of $10 shall be deducted from the general permit inspection fees.
(2) The permit issuance fee shall not be refundable on unused permits.
(f) Miscellaneous fees. The applicant shall pay notary and recording costs including the cost of recording the permit in the County Office of the Recorder of Deeds when required, and the cost of all drainage releases. Permits shall be recorded whenever deemed necessary by the Department, including when:
(1) a permit requires drainage facilities to be installed and maintained;
(2) a permit authorizes one or more high volume driveways to be constructed; or
(3) an access covenant (Form CC-14) is executed with the permit as specified in paragraph (16) of § 441.6 of this title (relating to general conditions).
This section cited in 67 Pa. Code § 441.3 (relating to permit application procedure); and 67 Pa. Code § 441.10 (relating to penalties and enforcement).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.