§ 6.4. Registration procedure.
(a) Filing of registration form required. An individual person who is employed or engaged in the business of selling, installing, servicing or repairing commercially used weighing or measuring devices shall submit a complete registration form to the Department, unless the commercially used weighing and measuring device being sold, installed, serviced or repaired is a UPC scanning system, a PLU device or a component of either system or device.
(b) Registration form. An individual person seeking to register with the Department under this chapter may obtain a registration form from the Department at the address in § 2.2 (relating to contacting the Department). The prospective registrant shall complete the form and return it to that same address. The registration form shall require the following information:
(1) The name and mailing address of the person seeking to register with the Department.
(2) A designation of whether the person seeking to register with the Department is a seller, installer, servicer or repairer of commercially used weighing and measuring devices.
(3) The name and address of any business through which the person seeking to register with the Department is employed as a seller, installer, servicer or repairer of commercially used weighing or measuring devices.
(4) A designation of the category or type of weighing or measuring device sold, installed, serviced or repaired by the person seeking to register with the Department.
(5) If the person seeking to register with the Department is an installer, servicer or repairer of commercially used weighing or measuring devices, a copy of the current verification from the State Metrology Laboratory that the field standards used by that person are accurate.
(6) Two identical 1-inch square color photographs (front facial view) of the person seeking a certificate.
(7) The date of the application.
(8) The signature of the person seeking to register with the Department.
(9) Other information the Department might reasonably require for registration.
(c) Departmental action on registration form. The Department will, within 30 days of receiving a complete registration form, mail the person who filed the registration form a registration card. If the registration form is incomplete, illegible or otherwise deficient, the Department will notify the person who filed the registration form, in writing, of the problem and the action required to resolve it. If the Department notifies a person who filed a registration form of some deficiency, its review and consideration of the registration form will cease until the deficiency is corrected, at which time the 30-day review period shall begin again.
This section cited in 70 Pa. Code § 6.7 (relating to expiration/renewal of registration).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.