Rule 239.9. Electronic Filing. Local Rule 205.4.
(a) If a court permits or requires the electronic filing of legal papers with the prothonotary, the court must promulgate a local rule designated Local Rule 205.4 which sets forth in detail the practice and procedure to file a legal paper electronically and includes the matters set forth in this rule.
(b) Local Rule 205.4 shall include the following subdivisions as required by Pa.R.C.P. No. 205.4:
(1) subdivision (a)(1) stating whether the electronic filing system is permissive or mandatory and specifying the actions and proceedings and the legal papers subject to the rule,
(2) subdivision (b)(1) setting forth one or more formats in which legal papers shall be submitted to the prothonotary for filing. The formats shall include portable document format (pdf) and such other electronic format, if any, that the court may designate,
(3) subdivision (c)(2) providing a method of access to the electronic filing website for persons who are not attorneys,
(4) subdivision (d)(1) listing the credit and debit cards approved by the court or the prothonotary, and stating whether the filing fee may be paid by depositing, in advance, sufficient funds with the prothonotary,
(5) subdivision (d)(3) providing the manner of payment when the court has designated a third party to operate the electronic filing system, and
(6) subdivision (f) providing the practice and procedure to govern the matters provided for in Rule 205.4(f).
(c) Local Rule 205.4 may contain such additional subdivisions as the court deems necessary to provide a full and complete description of the electronic filing system.
The provisions of this Rule 239.9 adopted November 14, 2007, effective December 14, 2007, 37 Pa.B. 6258; amended June 28, 2016, effective August 1, 2016, 46 Pa.B. 3797. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (354878) and (360813).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.