DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Pennsylvania Money Tree Fast Play Game 5035
[48 Pa.B. 3911]
[Saturday, June 30, 2018]
Under the State Lottery Law (72 P.S. §§ 3761-101—3761-314) and 61 Pa. Code § 803.11 (relating to powers and duties of the Secretary of Revenue), the Secretary of Revenue hereby provides public notice of the rules for the following lottery game:
1. Name: The name of the lottery game is Pennsylvania Money Tree (hereinafter ''Money Tree''). The game number is PA-5035.
(a) Authorized Retailer or Retailer: A person who is properly licensed by the Lottery pursuant to 61 Pa. Code §§ 805.1—805.17.
(b) Bar Code: The symbology on the ticket containing certain encrypted validation and accounting data used for identifying winning and losing tickets.
(c) Game Ticket: A bearer instrument produced through a Lottery Terminal that is the player's record of a play for a Fast Play lottery game and sold by an authorized retailer containing the play and validation data as published in this game notice.
(d) Lottery Central Computer System: The computer gaming system on which all Fast Play plays are recorded.
(e) Lottery Terminal: A device authorized by the Lottery to function in an interactive mode with the Lottery Central Computer System for the purpose of issuing plays, executing Quick Pick selections, and entering, receiving, and processing lottery transactions, including making purchases, validating plays, and transmitting reports, and performing inventory functions.
(f) ''MONEY TREE'': Specific, pre-defined area of a game ticket located in the play area that contains play symbols that, when played according to the instructions, determines whether a player wins a prize.
(g) Play: A chance to participate in a particular Fast Play lottery game.
(h) Play Area: The area on a ticket which contains one or more play symbols.
(i) Play Symbol: A number, letter, symbol, image or other character found in the play area which is used to determine whether a player wins a prize.
(j) Prize: A non-monetary item, money, or experience that can be won as specified in section 6 (relating to prizes available to be won and determination of prize winners) of this game notice.
(k) PRIZE LEGEND: The area on the ticket that shows a player the corresponding prize that can be won by matching winning symbols.
(l) Progressive Top Prize: The top prize available for this game that begins with a minimum prize amount that grows at a pre-determined rate every time a ticket is purchased, and then resets to the minimum prize amount whenever a top prize winning ticket is sold.
(m) Winning Ticket: A game ticket which has been validated and qualifies for a prize.
3. Price: The price of a Money Tree ticket is $2.
4. Description of the Money Tree lottery game:
(a) The Money Tree lottery game is an instant win game printed from a Lottery Terminal. With the exception of the Progressive Top Prize amount, all prizes are predetermined, and the player does not have the ability to select his or her own play symbols. Money Tree tickets may be purchased from an authorized retailer or at a Lottery self-service terminal that sells terminal-based Lottery game tickets. Tickets purchased from an authorized retailer shall be printed on-demand at the time of purchase and may not be preprinted by the retailer.
(b) Money Tree is played by finding at least four Money Roll symbols in the ''MONEY TREE.'' Players finding four or more Money Roll symbols in this manner will win the corresponding prize shown in the PRIZE LEGEND. A bet slip is not used to play this game.
(c) Players can win the prize identified in section 6 (relating to prizes available to be won and determination of prize winners).
(d) A Money Tree game ticket cannot be canceled or voided once printed by the Lottery Terminal, even if printed in error.
(e) To purchase a ticket at an authorized retailer, a player must remit the purchase price to the retailer by verbally requesting a Money Tree game ticket. The ticket shall be the only valid proof of the bet placed and the only valid receipt for claiming a prize.
(f) To purchase a ticket at a Pennsylvania Lottery self-service terminal, the player must insert into the self-service terminal a dollar amount equal to the total purchase price of a Money Tree game ticket and selecting the Money Tree option on the Lottery self-service terminal. The ticket shall be the only valid proof of the bet placed and the only valid receipt for claiming a prize.
5. Pennsylvania Money Tree ticket characteristics:
(a) A Money Tree ticket shall contain a play area, the cost of the play, the date of sale, and a bar code.
(b) Play Symbols: Each Money Tree ticket play area will contain one ''MONEY TREE'' play area. The play symbols located in the ''MONEY TREE'' area are: Ring symbol, Coin symbol, Pot of Gold symbol, Stack of Coins symbol, Van symbol, Chest symbol, Purse symbol, Piggy Bank symbol, Handful of Coins symbol, Check symbol, Diamond symbol, Crown symbol, Wallet symbol, Safe symbol, 24K Bar symbol, Bank symbol, Folded Bills symbol, Gem symbol, Stack of Cash symbol, Money Bag symbol, Gold Bar symbol and a Money Roll symbol.
(c) Prizes: The prizes, located in the ''PRIZE LEGEND,'' that can be won in this game are: $2, $4, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $1,000 and the Progressive Top Prize. The Progressive Top Prize amount starts at $10,000 and increases by 16¢ every time a Money Tree ticket is purchased. When a Progressive Top Prize winning ticket is sold, the Progressive Top Prize resets to $10,000.
(d) A player can win up to one time on a ticket.
(e) Approximate Number of Tickets Available for the Game: Approximately 2,400,000 tickets will be available for sale for the Money Tree lottery game.
6. Prizes available to be won and determination of prize winners:
(a) All Money Tree prize payments will be made as one-time, lump-sum cash payments.
(b) A winning Money Tree ticket is entitled only to the highest prize won by the winning combinations described below on each game ticket.
(c) Holders of tickets upon which twelve (12) Money Roll symbols are found in the ''MONEY TREE,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of a ''Progressive Top Prize.'' The amount won under this paragraph is the amount of the Progressive Top Prize, determined by the Lottery Central Computer System, as of the time the winning ticket was purchased. The amount won will be a minimum of $10,000.
(d) Holders of tickets upon which eleven (11) Money Roll symbols are found in the ''MONEY TREE,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $1,000.
(e) Holders of tickets upon which ten (10) Money Roll symbols are found in the ''MONEY TREE,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $100.
(f) Holders of tickets upon which nine (9) Money Roll symbols are found in the ''MONEY TREE,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $50.
(g) Holders of tickets upon which eight (8) Money Roll symbols are found in the ''MONEY TREE,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $20.
(h) Holders of tickets upon which seven (7) Money Roll symbols are found in the ''MONEY TREE,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $10.
(i) Holders of tickets upon which six (6) Money Roll symbols are found in the ''MONEY TREE,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $5.
(j) Holders of tickets upon which five (5) Money Roll symbols are found in the ''MONEY TREE,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $4.
(k) Holders of tickets upon which four (4) Money Roll symbols are found in the ''MONEY TREE,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $2.
7. Number and Description of Prizes and Approximate Chances of Winning: The following table sets forth the approximate number of winners, amounts of prizes, and approximate chances of winning:
When You Find At Least Four Money Roll Symbols In The ''MONEY TREE,'' Win Corresponding Prize Shown In The PRIZE LEGEND Below. Win With: Win: Approximate Chances of Winning Are 1 In: Approximate No.
Of Winners Per
4 MONEY ROLL SYMBOLS $2 9.09 264,000 5 MONEY ROLL SYMBOLS $4 18.18 132,000 6 MONEY ROLL SYMBOLS $5 17.24 139,200 7 MONEY ROLL SYMBOLS $10 62.5 38,400 8 MONEY ROLL SYMBOLS $20 166.67 14,400 9 MONEY ROLL SYMBOLS $50 1,200 2,000 10 MONEY ROLL SYMBOLS $100 6,000 400 11 MONEY ROLL SYMBOLS $1,000 120,000 20 12 MONEY ROLL SYMBOLS $10,000* 120,000 20
*PROGRESSIVE TOP PRIZE: The minimum value of the PROGRESSIVE TOP PRIZE is $10,000. The PROGRESSIVE TOP PRIZE increases by 16¢ every time a Money Tree lottery game ticket is purchased, and resets to $10,000 whenever a top prize winning ticket is sold.
Prizes, including top prizes, are subject to availability at the time of purchase.
8. Ticket Responsibility:
(a) A Fast Play lottery game ticket is a bearer document deemed to be owned by the person holding the game ticket, except that if a name is contained on the back of the game ticket, the person so named will, for all purposes, be considered the owner of the game ticket.
(b) The holder of a Fast Play lottery game ticket has the sole responsibility for checking the accuracy and condition of the data printed on the game ticket.
(c) The Commonwealth shall not be responsible for a lost or stolen Fast Play lottery game ticket, or a Fast Play ticket redeemed by a player in error.
9. Ticket Validation and Requirements:
(a) Valid Fast Play lottery game tickets. To be a valid Fast Play lottery game ticket, the presented game ticket must meet the following requirements:
(1) The game ticket's bar code shall be present in its entirety.
(2) The game ticket must be intact.
(3) The game ticket may not be mutilated, altered, reconstituted or tampered with.
(4) The game ticket may not be counterfeit or a duplicate of a winning ticket.
(5) The game ticket must have been validly issued.
(6) The game ticket data shall have been recorded on the Lottery Central Computer System and the game ticket data shall match the computer record in every respect.
(7) The game ticket must not be defectively printed or printed or produced in error such that it cannot be processed or validated by the Lottery.
(8) The game ticket must pass other confidential security checks of the Lottery.
(b) Invalid or defective game tickets: A game ticket not passing the validation requirements in subsection (a) will be considered invalid and no payment will be made on account of any play recorded thereon. The determination of the Secretary in this regard is final.
10. Procedures for claiming and payment of prizes:
(a) A prize may be claimed through an authorized retailer or the Lottery, as provided in this section. A prize must be claimed within 1 year of the sale date of the Fast Play lottery game ticket.
(b) An authorized retailer is authorized to pay prizes of $2,500 or less. The holder of a game ticket evidencing a winning play representing a prize of $2,500 or less may be paid by a participating authorized retailer if a proper validation pay ticket was issued by the retailer's Lottery Terminal.
(c) The holder of a game ticket evidencing a winning play representing a prize in excess of $2,500 may present the game ticket to an authorized retailer, Lottery District Office, or Lottery Headquarters.
(d) Pursuant to the preceding paragraphs, the retailer or the Lottery will issue payment if:
(1) The game ticket is scanned and the play is validated through the Lottery Terminal or the Lottery Central Computer System;
(2) A claim form is properly and fully completed;
(3) The identification of the claimant is confirmed; and
(4) The winning ticket has not expired, pursuant to this section or section 12 (relating to unclaimed prizes).
(e) The Commonwealth shall not be responsible for a winning play paid in error by an authorized retailer.
(f) In the event a prize described in these rules is not available, the Lottery may either provide a substitute prize, determined by the Secretary to have an equivalent value to the prize won, or make a cash payment to the winner, in an amount determined by the Secretary to have an equivalent value to the prize won.
11. Funding for prizes: Moneys will be drawn from the State Lottery Fund, to the extent necessary, to fund the payment of prizes under this section. If this lottery game is terminated for any cause, prize moneys remaining undistributed will remain in the State Lottery Fund and used for purposes otherwise provided for by law.
12. Unclaimed prizes: Unclaimed prize money on winning Fast Play lottery game tickets will be retained by the Secretary for payment to the persons entitled thereto for 1 year from the sale date of the Fast Play lottery game ticket. If no claim is made within 1 year from the sale date of the Fast Play lottery game ticket, the right of a ticket holder to claim the prize represented by that ticket, if any, shall expire.
13. Purchase and prize restrictions: A Fast Play lottery game ticket may not be purchased by, and a prize may not be paid, to an officer or employee of the Lottery, Lottery professional services contractors or subcontractors, or to a spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing in the same household of an officer, employee, contractor or subcontractor who is involved in the production, distribution or operation of systems for the validation or accounting of Fast Play games.
14. Progressive Top Prize Restrictions:
(a) An amount of 16¢ from the sale of each Money Tree ticket will be accumulated in the Progressive Top Prize pool.
(b) Prize Amount: The amount of the Progressive Top Prize at the time a ticket is purchased can only be verified through the Lottery's Central Computer System. Any advertisement or any materials describing the amount of the Progressive Top Prize are only valid as of the time they are posted. If any discrepancy exists between this notice and any material describing or advertising the Money Tree game, this notice and the data contained in the Lottery's Central Computer System shall govern.
(c) The Progressive Top Prize and all other prizes are subject to availability at the time of purchase. The Lottery is not responsible for prizes that are not awarded due to technical issues. In the event of a Progressive Top Prize being reset without the actual sale of a Progressive Top Prize winning ticket, all prize money that had accumulated into the Progressive Top Prize pool (i.e. 16¢ from the sale of each ticket) shall be awarded as part of the next Progressive Top Prize won.
15. Governing Law:
(a) By purchasing a ticket, the purchaser agrees to comply with and abide by the State Lottery Law (72 P.S. §§ 3761-101—3761-314), this notice, instructions, conditions and final decisions of the Secretary, and procedures established by the Secretary for the conduct of the Fast Play Money Tree lottery game.
(b) Decisions made by the Secretary, including the declaration of prizes and the payment thereof, in interpretation of this notice are final and binding on players and persons making a claim in respect thereof.
16. Retailer Compensation:
(a) Authorized retailers may be entitled to compensation as determined by the Lottery.
(b) No authorized retailer or employee of an authorized retailer shall request, demand, or accept gratuities or any compensation other than as provided in subsection (a) in exchange for the performance of duties authorized pursuant to the Lottery retailer's license without the Lottery's prior written authorization.
17. Retailer Incentive Programs. The Lottery may conduct a separate Retailer Incentive Program for retailers who sell Pennsylvania Fast Play Money Tree lottery game tickets.
18. Retailer Bonus: The Lottery may offer a retailer bonus in connection with the sale of Pennsylvania Fast Play lottery game tickets. If a retailer bonus is offered, a Lottery retailer shall be eligible for a bonus as described in this section. Lottery retailers who sell a winning ticket that entitles the ticket holder to a prize, either payable in a single installment or having a guaranteed minimum payout, of at least $100,000 and not exceeding $500,000 shall be paid a bonus of $500. Lottery retailers who sell a winning ticket that entitles the ticket holder to a prize, either payable in a single installment or having a guaranteed minimum payout, of at least $500,001 and not exceeding $1,000,000 shall be paid a bonus of $5,000. Lottery retailers who sell a winning ticket that entitles the ticket holder to a prize, either payable in a single installment or having a guaranteed minimum payout, of at least $1,000,001 and not exceeding $10,000,000 shall be paid a bonus of $10,000. A Lottery retailer is entitled only to the largest bonus for which he qualifies on a winning ticket. A bonus will be initiated for payment after the Fast Play game ticket is claimed and validated. A bonus will not be awarded to a Lottery retailer that sells a non-winning Pennsylvania Lottery Fast Play game ticket used to enter a Pennsylvania Lottery second-chance drawing or promotion that is subsequently selected to win a prize.
19. Termination of the Game: The Secretary may announce a termination date, after which no further tickets from this game may be sold. The announcement will be disseminated through media used to advertise or promote Money Tree or through normal communications methods.
20. Applicability: This notice applies only to the Money Tree lottery game announced in this notice.
C. DANIEL HASSELL,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 18-1012. Filed for public inspection June 29, 2018, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.