Energy Affordability for Low-Income Customers; Doc. No. M-2017-2587711
[49 Pa.B. 425]
[Saturday, January 26, 2019]
Release of Staff Report Regarding Energy Affordability for Low-Income Customers
By Order entered on January 17, 2019, the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (Commission) has released the staff report Home Energy Affordability for Low-Income Customers. The Order and staff report are available on the Commission's web site at http://www.puc.pa.gov/about_puc/consolidated_case_view.aspx?Docket=M-2017-2587711.
The Order directs, inter alia, that:
• Certain natural gas distribution companies (NGDC) and electric distribution companies (EDC) submit supplemental information by February 19, 2019.
• Commission staff convene a stakeholder meeting at the Keystone Building, 400 North Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120, on February 6, 2019, to discuss the staff report and to clarify any questions regarding the supplemental information required. A conference bridge will be provided for stakeholders who cannot attend in person.
• Comments are due March 11, 2019; reply comments are due March 26, 2019.
• Commission staff convene a universal service reporting working group to, inter alia, standardize universal service reporting protocols for data definitions, tracking and reporting, prior to July 31, 2019, conclude its work no later than December 31, 2019, and provide a consensus/nonconsensus report to the Commission prior to January 31, 2020.
• Certain NGDCs and EDCs provide monthly customer tallies for all customer assistance plan customers claiming zero income, broken out by heating type, if possible, as part of each utility's 2018 universal service reporting in a separate spreadsheet.
The contact person for this proceeding is Joseph Magee, firstname.lastname@example.org, (717) 772-1204.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 19-127. Filed for public inspection January 25, 2019, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.