Availability of Amendment to the Office of Developmental Programs' Adult Autism Waiver
[52 Pa.B. 1542]
[Saturday, March 12, 2022]
The Department of Human Services (Department) is making available for public review and comment the Office of Developmental Programs' (ODP) proposed amendment to the Adult Autism Waiver.
Whenever substantive changes are made to an approved waiver, the Department must submit an amendment to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for approval. The Department proposes the following substantive changes to the Adult Autism Waiver effective July 1, 2022:
• Support individuals with complex needs by allowing Residential Habilitation (Life Sharing) services to be rendered in homes owned by the provider of Residential Habilitation (Life Sharing) services and through the addition of reserved capacity for individuals who are discharged from a State center and individuals who are disenrolled from the Adult Autism Waiver due to incarceration for more than 6 months.
• Simplify the service system through additional alignment of all waivers administered by the ODP. This includes:
o Revising and clarifying the service definitions for Assistive Technology to align with the three other ODP-administered waivers where possible.
o Revising the provider qualifications of most services to align with the three other ODP-administered waivers where possible.
o Refining the definitions of critical incidents, protocols, oversight of medication administration and oversight of restraints and restrictive procedures to comply with 55 Pa. Code Chapter 6100 (relating to services for individuals with an intellectual disability or autism) regulations and ODP incident management policy.
o The alignment of quality improvement strategies to include the use of the Independent Monitoring for Quality process and the Plan-Do-Check-Act Model.
• Develop and support qualified staff through revisions to provider qualifications for Supports Coordinators.
• Encourage choice and control by adding Remote Supports as a waiver service and allowing Residential Habilitation (Life Sharing) to be delivered by relatives.
• Promote health, wellness and safety by adding provider qualification requirements for a Supportive Technology Professional when individuals in Residential Habilitation settings are receiving remote supports and allowing the continuation of remote monitoring of individuals by Supports Coordinators.
It is anticipated that there will be no increase or decrease in costs associated with the proposed changes to the Adult Autism Waiver.
The proposed amendment to the Adult Autism Waiver, effective July 1, 2022, is available at https://www.dhs.pa.gov/Services/Disabilities-Aging/Pages/July-2022-Waiver-Amendment.aspx.
Interested persons are invited to submit written comments regarding the proposed waiver amendment. Comments should be addressed to Laura Cipriani, Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Programs, 625 Forster Street, Room 510, Harrisburg, PA 17120. Comments may also be submitted to the Department at RAfirstname.lastname@example.org using subject header ''AAW Amendment Comments.''
Comments received within 30 days of publication of this notice will be reviewed and considered for revisions to the proposed waiver amendment.
The Department will also hold a webinar to receive comments on the proposed waiver amendment. The date, time and link for registration to attend this webinar is March 31, 2022, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The following link must be used to register for the previously listed webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1110887596030781967.
Participants are able to participate in the webinar by phone, but will need a computer to provide comments during the webinar. To assist the Department in accurately capturing comments provided during the webinar, individuals are asked to submit a written copy of their comments by e-mail or mail to the previously listed address.
Persons with a disability who require an auxiliary aid or service may submit comments using the Pennsylvania Hamilton Relay Service by dialing 711 or by using one of the following toll-free numbers: (800) 654-5984 (TDD users), (800) 654-5988 (voice users), (844) 308-9292 (Speech-to-Speech) or (844) 308-9291 (Spanish).
Copies of this notice and documents containing the changes proposed in the waiver amendment may be obtained by contacting the Office of Developmental Programs, Bureau of Supports for Autism and Special Populations, P.O. Box 2675, Harrisburg, PA 17105, RAemail@example.com.
Fiscal Note: 14-NOT-1500. No fiscal impact; (8) recommends adoption.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 22-392. Filed for public inspection March 11, 2022, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.