Title 255—LOCAL COURT RULES
Increase in Jurisdictional Limit for Compulsory Arbitration and Amendment to Local Rule L1301; No. 90097 of 2022 A.D.
[52 Pa.B. 5933]
[Saturday, September 17, 2022]
And Now, this 12th day of August, 2022, in accordance with the authority given to the Court and as authorized by 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 7361, it is Ordered and Decreed that the jurisdictional limit for compulsory arbitration in the Court of Common Pleas of Lawrence County, 53rd Judicial District, is hereby increased from the current limit of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000.00) to the amount of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00).
It is further Ordered and Decreed that Local Rule L1301 is hereby amended to provide as follows:Rule L1301. Arbitration-Scope.All cases where the amount in controversy does not exceed $50,000.00, excluding interest and costs, except those involving title to real estate, shall be submitted to compulsory arbitration under this Rule.
The effective date of this Order and Amended Rule L1301 shall be January 1, 2023, and shall apply to all cases filed on or after June 1, 2023, and to all cases pending as of such date. As to any case pending as of January 1, 2023, where the complainant asserted the claim was above the previous limit of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000.00), the claimant may file a certification that the claim is within the increased arbitration limit of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) and thereby proceed to compulsory arbitration.
The District Court Administrator of Lawrence County shall:
1. File one (1) electronic copy of this Administrative Order and Rule with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. File two (2) paper copies of this Administrative Order and Rule with the Legislative Reference Bureau and one (1) electronic copy in Microsoft Word format only via email to email@example.com for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
3. Arrange to have this Administrative Order and Rule published on the Lawrence County Bar Association website at lawrencecountybar.org, and forward one copy to the Lawrence Law Journal for publication.
4. Arrange to have this Administrative Order and Rule, as well as all Local Rules, published on the 53rd Judicial District website at lawrencecountypa.gov.
5. Keep this Administrative Order and Rule, as well as all Local Rules of this Court, continuously available for public inspection and copying in the appropriate Lawrence County filing office. The respective filing office shall furnish to any person a copy of any Local Rule upon request and payment of reasonable cost of reproduction and mailing.
By the Court
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 22-1416. Filed for public inspection September 16, 2022, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.