Availability of Technical Guidance
[53 Pa.B. 674]
[Saturday, January 28, 2023]
Technical guidance documents (TGD) are available on the Department of Environmental Protection's (Department) web site at www.depgreenport.state.pa.us/elibrary/. The ''Technical Guidance Final Documents'' heading is the link to a menu of the various Department bureaus where each bureau's final TGDs are posted. The ''Technical Guidance Draft Documents'' heading is the link to the Department's draft TGDs.
Ordering Paper Copies of Department Technical Guidance
The Department encourages the use of the Internet to view and download TGDs. When this option is not available, persons can order a paper copy of any of the Department's draft or final TGDs by contacting the Department at (717) 783-8727.
In addition, bound copies of some of the Department's documents are available as Department publications. Check with the appropriate bureau for more information about the availability of a particular document as a publication.
Changes to TGDs
Following is the current list of recent changes. Persons who have questions or comments about a particular document should contact the person whose name and phone number are listed with each document.
Draft TGD: Substantive Revision
DEP ID: 386-0300-001. Title: Pennsylvania Post-Construction Stormwater Management (PCSM) Manual. Description: The purpose of this TGD is to provide guidance regarding: (1) the development of PCSM Plans for earth disturbance activities under the Department's regulations at 25 Pa. Code Chapter 102 (relating to erosion and sediment control); (2) the design, installation, and operation and maintenance of post-construction stormwater control measures; and (3) the completion of a stormwater analysis to protect surface waters of this Commonwealth.
The Department intends the Pennsylvania PCSM Manual to be a substantive revision of the existing Pennsylvania Stormwater Best Management Practices Manual (363-0300-002), which was finalized in 2006, as noticed at 36 Pa.B. 7999 (December 30, 2006). The Department has revised both the title and document identification number of this TGD. The substantial revisions that are proposed by the Department in the draft Pennsylvania PCSM Manual are summarized as follows:
• New interpretive guidance on the PCSM regulations (25 Pa. Code § 102.8 (relating to PCSM requirements)).
• A proposed hierarchy of stormwater management objectives.
• Additional detailed information on the performance of the stormwater analysis that is required for PCSM at 25 Pa. Code § 102.8(g), including the addition of new methodologies for the analysis of volume, water quality and rate management.
• Proposed criteria for the protection of wetlands.
• New best management practices—which are referred to in the draft Pennsylvania PCSM Manual as stormwater control measures (SCM)—including, but not limited to, managed release concept SCMs.
• New incentives for the protection of natural open spaces and natural stormwater features.
• New methods for the completion of the pre-development site characterization required by the regulations, including infiltration testing.
• Introduction of methods for adjusting precipitation depths for stormwater analysis based on the known effects of climate change.
• New guidance regarding: antidegradation requirements; the determination of discharge points and points of analysis; analyses of stream stability and erosion potential; off-site stormwater management; the evaluation of thermal impacts; and the assessment of projects located in areas of karst geology.
Written Comments: Interested persons may submit written comments on this draft TGD through Friday, April 28, 2023. Comments, including comments submitted by e-mail must include the commentator's name and address. Commentators are encouraged to submit comments using the Department's online eComment tool at www.ahs.dep.pa.gov/eComment. Written comments can also be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the Technical Guidance Coordinator, Department of Environmental Protection, Policy Office, Rachel Carson State Office Building, P.O. Box 2063, Harrisburg, PA 17105-2063.
Contact: Questions regarding this TGD can be directed to Sean Furjanic, PE, at email@example.com.
Effective Date: Upon publication of notice as final in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 23-116. Filed for public inspection January 27, 2023, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.