§ 15.11. Administrative functions and responsibilities of the Department.
(a) General responsibilities. The Department will establish and maintain a Statewide system of protective services for older adults who need them. These services will be available and accessible through local protective services agencies. In maintaining this system of protective services, the Departments functions and responsibilities include the following:
(1) The review and approval of annual protective services plans submitted by area agencies under § 15.12(b) (relating to administrative functions and responsibilities of area agencies on aging).
(2) The allocation of funds appropriated for the implementation of the act to area agencies on aging to administer local protective services plans.
(3) The establishment of minimum standards of training and experience for protective services staff.
(4) The development and maintenance of a fiscal and service data collection system to collect information on local reports of a need for protective services, investigations, services provided and other relevant data on protective services activities.
(5) The monitoring of local protective services delivery for compliance with this chapter and approved area agency on aging protective services plans.
(6) The development and maintenance of an ongoing program of public information and education to promote general awareness of and informed responses to the needs of older adults for protective services available under this chapter.
(7) Ongoing coordination with State agencies.
(b) Local protective services plans. The Department will review the annual protective services plan submitted under § 15.12(b) by an area agency on aging and will notify the area agency of approval or disapproval within 60 days.
(c) Staff training and experience. The minimum standards of training and experience of protective services staff employed to carry out activities under this chapter are set forth in § § 15.12115.127 (relating to staff training and experience standards).
(d) Public information and education. The Department will develop and maintain a campaign of public information and education about the needs for and availability of protective services under this chapter. The target of this campaign will be older adults and the general public, as well as professionals and others employed in situations where they are likely to have frequent contact with older adults who need protective services. In designing and implementing the ongoing public awareness campaign, the Department will consult with other Commonwealth agencies and consider the concerns of area agencies on aging and the local entities identified by area agencies as having substantial contact with potential victims or perpetrators of abuse, neglect, exploitation and abandonment.
The provisions of this § 15.11 amended May 17, 2002, effective May 18, 2002, 32 Pa.B. 2412. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (228893) to (228894).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.