§ 138e.223. Construction of buildings; changes in use.
(a) New buildings or structures. The construction or use of a building or other structure on the restricted land other than a building or structure existing on the date of the granting of the easement is prohibited, except that:
(1) The erection of fences for agricultural production and protection of watercourses such as lakes, streams, springs and reservoirs is permitted.
(2) The construction of one additional residential structure is permitted under § 138e.224 (relating to construction of one additional residential structure).
(3) The construction or use of a building or other structure for agricultural production is permitted. The county program may restrict the maximum building coverage.
(4) The replacement of a residential structure existing on the restricted land on the date of the granting of the easement is permitted if the preexisting residential structure is razed or removed and the replacement residential structure is erected within the curtilage of the residential structure it replaces.
(b) Existing buildings or structures.
(1) A renovation or modification of an existing residential structure, or an addition to an existing residential structure, is permitted if it would not increase the curtilage of the residential structure.
(2) A renovation or modification of an existing agricultural building or structure, or an addition to an existing agricultural building or structure, is permitted. The county program may restrict the maximum building coverage.
The provisions of this § 138e.223 amended December 26, 1997, effective December 27, 1997, 27 Pa.B. 6782. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (202930) to (202931).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.