§ 138e.226. Procedure for review of request to subdivide restricted land.
A landowner may obtain review of a request for approval to subdivide a tract of restricted land in accordance with the following procedure:
(1) The landowner shall submit an application to the county board, in a form and manner prescribed by the county board, requesting review and approval of the subdivision of a tract of restricted land.
(2) The county board shall note the date upon which the application is received.
(3) Upon receipt of the application, the county board shall forward written notice of the application to the county zoning office (if such an office exists), county planning office and county farmland preservation office. For purposes of this subsection, the foregoing offices shall be referred to as the reviewing agencies.
(4) The county board shall note the date upon which each reviewing agency receives the written notice described in paragraph (3).
(5) Each reviewing agency shall have 60 days from receipt of the written notice described in paragraph (3) within which to review, comment and make recommendations on the proposed application to the county board. The county board may not consider comments and recommendations received beyond this deadline unless the landowner agrees in writing.
(6) The county board shall have 120 days from receipt of the application for approval to subdivide within which to review the application, review comments and recommendations submitted by the reviewing agencies and approve or reject the application. This 120-day deadline may be extended by the mutual agreement of the landowner and the reviewing agencies. If the county board fails to approve or reject an application within the 120-day deadline or an extension thereof, the application shall be deemed approved.
(7) If the application is rejected by the county board, the county board shall return the application and a written statement of the reasons for the rejection to the landowner. Within 30 days after receipt of the statement of rejection, the landowner may appeal the rejection in accordance with 2 Pa.C.S. Chapter 5 Subchapter B (relating to practice and procedure of local agencies) and Chapter 7 Subchapter B (relating to judicial review of local agency action.)
(8) If the application is approved by the county board, the county board shall promptly forward a copy of the application and the comments and recommendations of the reviewing agencies to the State Board for review and approval or disapproval.
(9) The State Board will provide the county board and the landowner with written notice of the date, time and location of the meeting at which the State Board shall review and consider the application. This notice will be forwarded by regular mail at least 14 days in advance of the State Board meeting.
(10) In its review of an application requesting approval of the subdivision of a tract of restricted land, the State Board will consider only whether the application complies with the conditions under which subdivisions are permitted by the county program.
(11) The State Board will provide both the county board and the landowner with written notice of its decision regarding the application for approval of the subdivision of a tract of restricted land. If the application is disapproved, the notice shall contain a statement of the reasons the application does not comply with the conditions under which subdivisions are permitted by the county program.
The provisions of this § 138e.226 amended December 26, 1997, effective December 27, 1997, 27 Pa.B. 6782. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (202932) to (202933).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.