§ 138e.253. Registration of eligible land trust.
(a) Registration required. An eligible land trust seeking reimbursement grants under the Land Trust Reimbursement Grant Program shall register with the State Board. Registration shall be accomplished by delivering a registration letter to the following address: Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, ATTN: Bureau of Farmland Preservation, 2301 North Cameron Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17110-9408.
(b) Contents of registration letter. A registration letter shall:
(1) Set forth a request that the eligible land trust be registered with the State Board for the purpose of receiving reimbursement grants under the Land Trust Reimbursement Grant Program.
(2) Be signed by the president or other appropriate authorized officer of the eligible land trust.
(3) Have the following documentation enclosed:
(i) A copy of the section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt certification issued to the land trust by the Internal Revenue Service, or any other documentation demonstrating the section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status of the land trust.
(ii) Documentation, such as a certified copy of the corporate bylaws, demonstrating that the land trust has the acquisition of agricultural conservation easements or other conservation easements as its stated purpose.
(4) If the eligible land trust seeks to be registered to receive reimbursement grants with respect to agricultural conservation easements it acquires in a county that is an eligible county (as that term is defined in § 138e.3 (relating to definitions)), have enclosed a letter from either the director or the chairperson of the county board of the eligible county, verifying that the land trust coordinates its farmland preservation activities with the farmland preservation activities of the county.
(5) If an eligible land trust seeks to be registered to receive reimbursement grants with respect to agricultural conservation easements it acquires in a county that is not an eligible county (as that term is defined in § 138e.3), have enclosed a written explanation of the procedures it will follow to coordinate with the State Board on the easement acquisitions.
(c) Acknowledgement of registration. The Department will provide an eligible land trust that delivers a complete registration letter as described in subsection (b) with written confirmation that the eligible land trust is registered to receive reimbursement grants under the Land Trust Reimbursement Grant Program, together with an application for reimbursement grant form as described in § 138e.254 (relating to applying for a reimbursement grant).
The provisions of this § 138e.253 adopted April 30, 2004, effective May 1, 2004, 34 Pa.B. 2421.
This section cited in 7 Pa. Code § 138e.251 (relating to program in general); 7 Pa. Code § 138e.252 (relating to eligibility of a land trust to register for reimbursement grant); and 7 Pa. Code § 138e.254 (relating to applying for a reimbursement grant).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.