§ 82.12. Lighting and electrical.
(a) Electrical installations at seasonal farm labor camps shall comply with and be maintained in accordance with the requirements of the 1978 National Electrical Code published by the National Fire Protection Association. An exception to this requirement is that those camp facilities constructed prior to January 3, 1981, shall comply with the code in effect at the time of construction.
(b) Electrical installations at seasonal farm labor camps shall be inspected and approved in accordance with the provisions of this chapter and the 1978 National Electrical Code by an electrical inspection agency acceptable to the Department. Proof of electrical certification shall be submitted to the Department in duplicate. The original electrical inspection certificate acquired for a seasonal farm labor camp may be used for future applications subject to paragraph (2).
(c) The minimum lighting levels, measured in footcandles 30 inches from the floor, are as follows:
Area Footcandles Food Storage Room 10 Central Kitchen 35work surface, 20general area Communal Kitchen 30work surface, 20general area Private Kitchen 30work surface, 20general area Dining Rooms 10 (when cleaning) Laundry Rooms 20 Halls/Stairways 10 Habitable Rooms 20 Living Quarters 20 Private Sleeping 20 Dormitory Sleeping 20 Private Toilet and Bathing 20 Shared Toilet and Bathing 20 Chemical Toilets 20
(d) The minimum number of electrical outlets shall be as follows. These outlets are not permitted on the floor surface.
(1) Food storage room0.
(2) Existing central, communal and private kitchensa minimum of two outlets, one of which shall be a 20-amp appliance circuit.
(3) New kitchensa minimum of two 20-amp electrical circuits.
(4) Laundry roomsat least one ceiling type or wall lighting fixture and at least one separate wall outlet.
(5) Halls/stairwaysat least one ceiling type light fixture. Light switches at top and bottom of stairways.
(6) Habitable rooms/living quartersat least one ceiling type light fixture and at least one separate wall outlet.
(7) Sleeping, privateat least one wall outlet per person.
(8) Sleeping, dormitoryone wall outlet for the first five persons, and one additional outlet for each additional five persons.
(9) Toilet and bathing rooms, privateat least one ceiling or wall lighting fixture and one wall outlet.
(10) Toilet and bathing rooms, sharedat least one ceiling or wall lighting fixture and one wall outlet for each two sinks.
The provisions of this § 82.12 issued under sections 301 and 603 of the Seasonal Farm Labor Act (43 P. S. § § 1301.301 and 1301.603).
The provisions of this § 82.12 adopted September 28, 1973, effective September 29, 1973, 3 Pa.B. 2178; amended January 2, 1981, effective January 3, 1981, 11 Pa.B. 11. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (19733) to (19734).
This section cited in 7 Pa. Code § 82.20 (relating to single family homes).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.