§ 121.11. Application for refunding 3rd through 5th year.
(a) Eligibility to apply. Applicants who previously received zone designation and second-year funding may apply for refunding at the end of the grant period. The basis for the application is an annual review and updating of the local business development strategy.
(b) Type of grant. Basic grants are available for administrative support and seed money for modestly sized projects.
(c) Application contents. The application should contain the following:
(1) A status report of the overall strategy 5-year objectives including the quantified objectives and the current statusquantifiedof achieving each objective.
(2) A description and analysis of outstanding business development successes during the current year, and the degree to which they confirm the effectiveness of the current strategy and priorities for the coming year, or the degree to which they suggest changes for enhanced effectiveness for the coming year.
(3) A description and analysis of instructively unsuccessful projects related to pursuit of the present strategy and priorities which suggest changes for enhanced effectiveness during the coming year. This information is vital for the Departments periodic assessment of the effectiveness of Departmental policies. It is not the Departments view that an unsuccessful project is a sign of an ineffective agency. It has often been noted that the most successful agencies are the least inhibited in discussing their unsuccessful projects.
(4) A brief description of each project successfully or unsuccessfully concluded during the current year. For designated enterprise zones experiencing a pattern of frustration in their business development projects, the Department will attempt, in consultation with the applicant, to arrange expert technical assistance to reduce problems mutually identified to manageable proportions within present or achievable agency capabilities.
(5) Updated project sheets for projects active but not completed during the current year, which are to be continued during the coming year. These projects should be identified as Continuing at the top of the front page of each project sheet.
(6) Project sheets for new projects to be undertaken during the coming year.
(7) A line-item budget for the anticipated grant.
(8) A detailed and legible map of enterprise zone boundaries, approximate total acreage or square miles, and the most recent population, unemployment and percentage of poverty figures for the designated enterprise zone.
(d) Amendment to zone boundaries. Once during a fiscal year an applicant may propose a change in the zone boundary. An addition to the zone shall involve only an area contiguous to the existing zone. The applicant shall state how the change would complement the local business development strategy and how the change would affect the zones ability to achieve the goals of the strategy.
(e) Application submission. Four copies of the application shall be submitted to the Department. One copy shall be sent to the appropriate regional office and three copies shall be sent to the Strategic Planning and Operations Office. Addresses of the offices listed in this subsection will be published annually as a notice in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
The provisions of this § 121.11 adopted April 1, 1988, effective April 2, 1988, 18 Pa.B. 1493.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.