§ 11.213. Organized events; public assemblies; distribution of printed matter.
(a) Activities. Engaging or participating in any of the following activities is prohibited without written permission of the Department:
(1) An exhibition, competition or organized event.
(2) A public assembly, meeting, gathering, demonstration, parade or other public expression of views.
(3) Distribution of printed matter.
(b) Application. An application for permission to engage in an activity listed in subsection (a), accompanied by a copy of any printed material to be distributed, shall be delivered to the park manager on a form that may be obtained from the park manager.
(c) Departmental review. The Department will grant or deny permission without unreasonable delay. A denial of permission will specify the grounds for denial.
(d) Grounds for denial. Any of the following will justify denial of permission:
(1) A prior application for permission to engage in an activity at the same time and place has been or will be granted and the activities permitted do not reasonably allow multiple use of the particular area.
(2) It reasonably appears that the activity will present a clear and present danger to public health or safety.
(3) The activity is of a nature or duration that it cannot be accommodated without causing injury or damage to park resources.
(4) The activity is of a nature or duration that it cannot be accommodated without unreasonably interfering with a protected areas peace and tranquility, the use of the State park by other visitors, program or administrative activities, the operation of public use facilities or the provision of services by State park concessionaires or contractors.
(e) Conditions. Permission granted under this section may contain conditions consistent with the considerations in subsection (d).
This section cited in 17 Pa. Code § 11.223 (relating to violation of rules regarding conduct in State parks).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.