§ 133.5. Provisional librarian.
Upon application to the State Librarian, a certificate of provisional librarian will be issued if the applicant meets one or more of the following requirements:
(1) Has at least a bachelors degree from a 4-year college or university approved by the appropriate Commonwealth agency or accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, or equivalent accrediting agency, and has completed at least 12 credit hours of courses in library service at institutions approved by the appropriate Commonwealth agency or accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools or equivalent accrediting agency.
(2) Successfully passes an examination given under the auspices of the State Librarian demonstrating knowledge and experience equivalent to the academic requirements of paragraph (1).
(3) Was employed on June 14, 1961, as a head librarian in a Commonwealth public library, the individual service area of which contained from 10,000 to 19,999 persons.
(4) Was employed in a Commonwealth public library on June 14, 1961, in a position which was classified by the employer as requiring a provisional librarian.
(5) Is certified as a provisional librarian or the equivalent by another state or country, and who, to the satisfaction of the State Librarian has qualifications equivalent to those required of other applicants.
The provisions of this § 133.5 amended October 4, 1985, effective October 5, 1985, 15 Pa.B. 3503. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (3269) to (3270).
This section cited in 22 Pa. Code § 133.2 (relating to procedure for certification).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.