§ 339.30. Student organizations.
(a) CTSOs shall be an integral part of the respective vocational education program. Instruction must provide for the development of human relations skills; knowledge of occupations; leadership competencies and positive attitudes towards fulfilling occupational, civic, social and community responsibilities.
(b) CTSOs recognized in this Commonwealth are those recognized as CTSOs career and technical student organizations by the United States Department of Education.
(c) CTSOs in this Commonwealth include:
(1) Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA).
(2) Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA).
(3) Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA).
(4) Health Occupations Students Organization (HOSA).
(5) National FFA Organization (FFA).
(6) National Young Farmer Educational Association (NYFEA).
(7) SkillsUSA (formerly Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).
(8) Technology Student Association (TSA).
(9) Other organizations that are approved by the United States Department of Education in the future.
(d) Members of CTSOs shall be under the direct supervision of certified professional education personnel as assigned by the joint operating committee or school board.
(e) CTSOs must hold a charter between their National organization and the Department.
This section cited in 22 Pa. Code § 339.1a (relating to definitions).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.