§ 281.111. Operating plan.
An application to operate a general composting facility shall contain the following:
(1) A narrative description of the general operating plan for the proposed facility, including the origin, composition and weight or volume of solid waste that is proposed to be composted at the facility, the suitability of the waste for composting, the composting process to be used at the facility, the daily operational methodology of the proposed process, the proposed processing and storage capacity of the facility and the expected life of the facility.
(2) A plan for an alternative waste handling or disposal system during periods when the proposed facility is not in operation, including procedures to be followed in case of equipment breakdown. Procedures may include the use of standby equipment, extension of operating hours or contractual agreements for diversion of municipal waste to other facilities.
(3) A plan for sampling and analyzing the compost.
(4) A description of the anticipated quality of the compost.
(5) A plan for the anticipated recovery rate of compost from the process, and plans for the reuse, sale or marketing of the compost.
(6) A plan for managing compost should markets for the sale or reuse of compost become unavailable.
(7) A plan for the proposed location and method for disposal or processing of residue produced by operation of the facility.
(8) A plan for assuring that solid waste received at the facility is consistent with § 281.201 (relating to basic limitations).
(9) A plan for training equipment operators and other personnel concerning the operation and approved design of the facility.
(10) The proposed operating hours of the proposed facility.
(11) A narrative describing the procedures for inspection and monitoring of incoming waste.
The provisions of this § 281.111 amended December 22, 2000, effective December 23, 2000, 30 Pa.B. 6685. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (226349) to (226350).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.