§ 283.104. Design and related information.
The application shall contain a narrative description of:
(1) The sources, types and weight or volume of solid waste to be processed, including data on the moisture content of the waste, and information concerning special environmental pollution or handling problems that may be created by the solid waste.
(2) The methods to be used to control the flow of waste to the facility, including a flow chart with a materials balance depicting the processing of solid waste and mechanical components of the processing system.
(3) The interior dimensions of the tipping floor, storage area and, when applicable, ingress and egress thereto.
(4) The size, type, capacity and general specifications of equipment for the handling, processing and storage of the waste.
(5) The anticipated recovery rate of marketable materials or energy.
(6) The actual or expected physical and chemical composition of ash, residue or wash water produced by operation of the facility.
(7) The proposed location and method for disposal, storage or processing of ash, residue or wash water produced by operation of the facility.
(8) The plan for separation, storage and ultimate disposal of unmarketable waste generated by the process, including plans for the temporary storage of bulky waste.
(9) The minimum and maximum volume or weight of the types of material or solid waste to be stored prior to sale, reuse or disposal, and the minimum and maximum time that material or waste is to be stored.
(10) A plan for disposal or processing of waste if the facility or a processing line within the facility is closed or shut down.
(11) Utilities to be installed at the facility.
(12) Plans and designs for operating and maintaining the proposed facility to prevent fires, explosions, the emission of noxious or toxic gases and other emergencies.
(13) A plan for the repair or replacement of equipment in the event of equipment breakdown, including plans for obtaining spare parts.
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 284.310 (relating to application requirements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.