§ 101.164. Civil rights compliance records.
The following records shall be maintained to indicate that no person is excluded from participation in, is denied the benefits of, or is otherwise subjected to discrimination in the provision of any care or services on the ground of race, creed, color, sex, sexual preference, national origin or religion.
(1) A signed and dated copy of the policies of the hospital pertaining to the admission of patients and visitors. The date the policies were adopted shall also be indicated. The policies shall set forth in clear terms nondiscriminatory practices with regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex or sexual preference.
(2) Copies of signed and dated notification forms by which doctors and other persons who normally refer to admit patients to the hospitals have been informed of the nondiscriminatory admission policy of the hospital.
(3) A copy of the date, notification, and description of the continuing method used to inform employes of the nondiscriminatory policies.
(4) Evidence that nondiscriminatory practices of the facility have been publicized in the community by one of the following methods: newspaper, radio, television, brochure, yellow pages in the telephone book, patient handbooks and so on.
(5) Records, by race, showing the utilization of inpatient rooms; intensive care and other units; outpatient clinics; emergency rooms; and referrals to nursing homes or other posthospital care facilities, homes, or agencies and showing the participation in training programs for such periods of time as may be required by the Department to determine compliance with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act (43 P. S. § § 951963).
(6) Written personnel policies giving evidence that employment practices of the hospital are in conformity with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act (43 P. S. § § 951963). These policies shall be made available to all employes and shall be discussed with each new employe.
(7) The stated ethical policy of the hospital, as defined in 16 Pa. Code § 51.2 (relating to definitions) with regard to abortion or sterilization if the hospital has adopted such a policy pursuant to 16 Pa. Code § 51.31 (relating to adoption and substance of a stated ethical policy) and any written objections to participating in such procedures submitted by any employe or staff member pursuant to 16 Pa. Code § 51.41 (relating to written objection to performance, participation in or cooperation in abortion or sterilization procedures).
(8) Such other records or reports as may be required by the Department, from time to time, to determine compliance with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act (43 P. S. § § 951963). This includes the competion of the Departments Civil Rights Compliance Form.
The provisions of this § 101.164 issued under 67 Pa.C.S. § § 61016104; and Reorganization Plan No. 2 of 1973 (71 P. S. § 755-2).
The provisions of this § 101.164 amended September 19, 1980, effective September 20, 1980, 10 Pa.B. 3761. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (37770) to (37771).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.