§ 133.12. Special requirements.
(a) Special care unit personnel shall be prepared for their responsibilities through appropriate training and educational programs. Each staff member shall have completed an education course specifically oriented to his level of participation in the care of patients who require extraordinary care.
(b) The educational programs should prepare special care unit personnel to:
(1) Recognize, interpret and record appropriate signs and symptoms in the critically ill patients.
(2) Initiate cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
(3) Administer electrolytes and fluids parenterally.
(4) Use equipment in the unit safely and effectively.
(5) Perform specialized nursing procedures peculiar to the needs of patients in the unit.
(6) Prevent contamination and cross-infection.
(7) Exercise appropriate safety precautions in the use of electrical or electronic equipment.
(8) Recognize and attend to the psychological and social needs of the patients and their families.
The provisions of this § 133.12 adopted December 9, 1977, effective December 10, 1977, 7 Pa.B. 3631.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.