§ 17.114. Training.
(a) Training programs shall be provided for public bathing place operators and employes and other educational activities for the public to increase their knowledge and awareness of public bathing place sanitation and safety.
(b) Each staff member engaged in the public bathing place sanitation and safety program shall satisfactorily complete a Basic Sanitarians Training Course which shall include the following:
(1) Disease transmitted via public bathing places.
(2) Safety hazards related to public bathing places.
(3) Public bathing place design and construction.
(4) Recirculation equipment operation.
(5) Disinfectant equipment operation.
(6) Public bathing place water chemistry, bacteriology, water supply and plumbing.
(7) Waste disposal.
(8) Insect and rodent control.
(c) In addition to the initial training for new employes, the following measures should be taken to ensure that the employes will remain current in the public bathing place program:
(1) Public bathing place staff should attend at least one formal training program once every 3 years.
(2) At least one trade journal and one professional journal in the field of swimming pools and relevant textbooks and reference materials relating to swimming pools and beaches should be readily available and accessible to the staff.
(3) Each public bathing place staff member should participate at least once annually in joint inspections with the members supervisor or an appropriate DER staff member.
(d) DER will provide for staff training to local health departments to enhance technical knowledge and to promote uniformity in carrying out the public bathing place program.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.