§ 37.27. Scope of examination.
(a) Examinations will be designed to test the adequacy of an applicants knowledge of general principles of insurance and insurance laws and of particular areas of insurance practice as are pertinent to the powers for which application is intended. To the extent that Pennsylvania insurance laws are at variance with the insurance laws of the majority of the states, Pennsylvania law will control.
(b) In all examinations, objective questions will be used, made up of one or more parts, and some questions will be based on the following statutory provisions and subjects:
(1) Article VI of the act (40 P. S. § § 231308).
(2) Sections 345351, 353, 354, 414, 501, 610 and 805 of the Insurance Company Law of 1921 (40 P. S. § § 470476, 477a, 477b, 518, 631, 730 and 915).
(3) Section 1 of the act of June 22, 1931 (P. L. 622, No. 211) (40 P. S. § 483).
(4) Section 1 of the act of May 3, 1915 (P. L. 217, No. 122) (72 P. S. § 6201).
(5) Title 18 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, section 7308 (relating to unlawful advertising of insurance business).
(6) The act of December 20, 1983 (P. L. 260, No. 72) (63 P. S. § § 16011608).
(7) Sections 1 and 2 of the act of July 6, 1917 (P. L. 723, No. 262) (72 P. S. § § 2265 and 2266).
(8) The act of July 22, 1974 (P. L. 589, No. 205) (40 P. S. § § 1171.11171.15).
(9) Article XV of the Insurance Company Law of 1921 (40 P. S. § 991.1501991.1516).
(10) The Liability Risk Retention Act of 1986 (15 U.S.C.A. § § 39013906).
(c) Some questions will be asked to determine an applicants knowledge of the nature of a contract, the principal-agent relationship, significant information about partnerships and corporations, promissory notes, fictitious names, assignments and related subjects which an applicant should know in order to conduct business properly.
(d) Examinations will cover the field of insurance within which the applicant is seeking the authority to do business.
(e) Examinations will include not only the field for which the certificate is requested, if the application is restricted, but also the entire classification of insurance.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.