§ 37.72. Certificate, license and appointment fees.
(a) The new and renewal fee for a certificate is $36. Other license fees are set forth in section 612-A of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § 240.12A).
(1) Payment of the appropriate fee shall be a requirement for obtaining and renewing a certificate or license.
(2) Fees are established for a complete 24-month renewal period. Fees will be prorated for an initial certificate or license period if less than 24 months. Credit will not be allowed for termination prior to the expiration date.
(b) The new and renewal fee for an appointment is $18.
(1) Appointment fees will be assessed monthly based on the appointment activity reported by entities to the Department.
(2) Fees are established for the reporting of new appointments by entities to the Department. Appointments shall be subject to a renewal fee every 2 years based on the month and year of initial reporting. As of the transition date, entities will be assessed a prorated fee for the license converted to appointments.
(c) Certificate and appointment fees established under this section will maintain the approximate level of Department revenue from those fees as of the transition date. Fees set forth in this section represent amounts anticipated to generate an approximate aggregate amount of $10 million to $12 million in licensing revenue annually. The number of licenses in force at the transition date is a basis for estimating the number of certificates, licenses and appointments to be initially issued under this chapter.
(d) Other factors considered in establishing the fee for each certificate and appointment are:
(1) Department licensing revenue at time of the transition.
(2) The number of anticipated initial certificates to be issued.
(3) The number of anticipated initial licenses to be issued.
(4) The number of anticipated initial appointments to be recorded.
(e) Certificate and appointment fees will be updated as necessary in order to generate an approximate aggregate amount of $10 to $12 million annually in licensing revenue. The purpose of updating fees will be to compensate for variances between the anticipated volume of certificates, licenses and appointments to be issued in a given year and the actual number of certificates, licenses and appointments recorded during that year.
(f) Among the factors to be considered in updating fees for a certificate and appointment are:
(1) The actual license revenue generated in the preceding periods compared to the anticipated amounts for those periods.
(2) The number of certificates in force.
(3) The number of licenses in force.
(4) The number of appointments in force.
(g) The amount of the certificate fee shall be approximately twice the appointment fee.
(h) Updated certificate and appointment fees will be established by regulation.
This section cited in 31 Pa. Code § 37.62 (relating to certification of appointments by entities).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.