§ 403.22. Health care facilities.
(a) A health care facility shall comply with all of the following under sections 104(d)(3) and 105(d)(1) of the act (35 P.S. § § 7210.104(d)(3) and 7210.105(d)(1)):
(1) The Health Care Facilities Act.
(2) Regulations of the Department of Health in 28 Pa. Code Part IV (relating to health facilities).
(3) Building codes and regulations set forth in the applicable licensure laws and regulations under section 105(d) of the act (35 P.S. § 7210.105(d)).
(4) This chapter.
(b) Chapter 405 (relating to elevators and other lifting devices) always applies to health care facilities.
(c) In addition to the requirements of this chapter, a permit applicant for a health care facility shall obtain a license from the Department of Health under the Health Care Facilities Act and its regulations and comply with the Department of Healths license application procedures and its licensing regulations.
(d) A permit applicant for construction or alteration of a health care facility shall do all of the following:
(1) Submit construction or alteration plans to the Department of Health and obtain Department of Health approval before commencing construction or performing the alteration.
(2) Obtain approval from the Department of Health before occupancy of a new health care facility under 28 Pa. Code § 51.5 (relating to building occupancy).
(3) Obtain approval from the Department of Health before occupancy of an altered portion of an existing health care facility.
(e) A Department of Health inspector may inspect a health care facility site before, during and after construction to monitor compliance with Department of Healths health facility regulations.
(f) A building code official may not approve plans for a health care facility under this chapter unless the Department of Health has approved the plans.
(g) A building code official may not issue a certificate of occupancy for the health care facility under this chapter unless the Department of Health approved occupancy under 28 Pa. Code § 51.5.
(h) This section applies to construction or alteration of all health care facilities that the Department or a building code official review and approve under this chapter.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.