§ 21.412. Interpretations regarding venipuncture, intravenous fluids, resuscitation and respirationstatement of policy.
The following nursing practices fall within the scope of registered nursing practice under § § 21.11 and 21.12 (relating to general functions; and venipuncture; intravenous fluids):
(1) Introduction of percutaneous catheters for intravascular infusion of infant intensive care unit.
(2) Insertion of angiocath into an A-V Fistula.
(3) Changing a subclavian catheter over guidewire after it had been placed by a physician.
(4) Removal of central venous line.
(5) Teaching patients and families the administration of intravenous medications in the home.
The provisions of this § 21.412 adopted February 20, 1987, effective February 21, 1987, 17 Pa.B. 811.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.