§ 27.202. Computerized recordkeeping systems.
(a) A computerized system used by a pharmacy for recording and maintaining information concerning prescriptions under State and Federal laws must be designed so that it is capable of providing immediate retrieval, by means of monitor, hard-copy printout or other transfer medium, of patient information for all prescriptions filled within the previous 12 months and retrieval within 3 working days of all prescriptions dispensed within the previous 24 months from the last activity date. This information must include the following data:
(1) The information required to be on prescriptions under § 27.18(b)(1) (relating to standards of practice).
(2) Identification of the pharmacist responsible for prescription information entered into the computer system.
(b) The system must be able to transfer all patient information to hard copy within 3 working days.
(c) Prescriptions entered into a computer system but not immediately dispensed must meet the following conditions:
(1) The complete prescription information must be entered in the computer system.
(2) The information must appear in the patients profile.
(3) There must be positive identification, in the computer system or on the hard-copy prescription, of the pharmacist who is responsible for entry of the prescription information into the system.
(4) The original prescription shall be filed according to § 27.18(b).
(d) If the computerized recordkeeping system experiences down time, the prescription information shall be entered into the computerized recordkeeping system as soon as it is available for use.
(e) The system must have adequate safeguards to:
(1) Prevent access by any person who is not authorized to obtain information from the system.
(2) Identify any modification or manipulation of information concerning a prescription.
(3) Prevent accidental erasure of information.
The provisions of this § 27.202 adopted May 26, 2006, effective May 27, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 2518.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.