§ 3.88. Supervisor and teachers.
(a) The school shall, at all times, be under the immediate supervision of a licensed teacher.
(b) Each school shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Each school shall employ as instructors only licensed barber-teachers competent to impart instructions in all branches of barber science which they teach.
(2) An individual may not be counted as a regular part-time or substitute teacher in a school unless the individuals barber-teachers license is on display in the school.
(3) Every school shall employ at least one full-time licensed barber-teacher.
(4) Each class taught for credit shall consist of not more than 20 students per licensed barber-teacher, and at least one full-time teacher who shall be in attendance during the hours the school is open for instruction. The only exception to this requirement which the Board may permit is lecturing by a staff physician or another specialist when at least one teacher is present.
(5) Teachers as well as students shall be attired during school hours in washable jackets, smocks or aprons, which shall be kept in a clean condition.
The provisions of this § 3.88 amended under section 15-A.4(b) of the act of June 19, 1931 (P. L. 589, No. 202) (63 P. S. § 566.4(b)).
The provisions of this § 3.88 amended January 24, 1992, effective January 25, 1992, 22 Pa.B. 347; amended November 22, 2002, effective November 23, 2002, 32 Pa.B. 5751. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (201662) to (201663).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.