§ 33.403. Program sponsors.
(a) The Board has approved the following as program sponsors:
(1) An accredited dental, dental hygiene or expanded function dental assisting school or program.
(2) The medical or osteopathic medical school or college accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the State Board of Medicine, State Board of Osteopathic Medicine or State Board of Nursing.
(3) The American Dental Association Continuing Education Review Program, the American Dental Associations specialty associations, the American Dental Hygienists Association and the American Dental Assistants Association.
(4) The National Dental Association and its specialty societies and the National Dental Hygienists Association.
(5) The American Medical Association, American Osteopathic Medical Association and the American Nursing Association.
(6) The Pennsylvania Academy of Dental Hygiene Studies.
(7) The Academy of General Dentistry National Sponsor Approval Program.
(8) The Veterans Administration.
(9) The United States military services.
(10) The National Institutes of Health.
(11) The United States Public Health Services.
(b) Program sponsors shall:
(1) Disclose in advance to prospective participants the objectives, prerequisites, experience level, content, required advanced preparation, teaching method and number of continuing education credits involved in the program.
(2) Conduct programs in subjects which contribute directly to the maintenance of clinical competence of a dentist, dental hygienist or expanded function dental assistant.
(3) Provide program materials which are accurate and consistent with currently accepted standards relating to the programs subject matter.
(4) Provide sufficient and adequate physical facilities for the number and type of participants and the teaching methods to be utilized.
(5) Evaluate the program, through questionnaires of the participants and instructors, to determine its effectiveness.
(6) Retain accurate attendance records and written outlines for a 4-year period.
(7) Provide participants with a continuing education certificate after assuring satisfactory completion and attendance of the program.
(c) The Board may, following notice and hearing under 2 Pa.C.S. § § 501508 (relating to practice and procedure of Commonwealth agencies), withdraw the approval of a program sponsor for cause and amend subsection (a) accordingly.
(d) A party desiring to be an approved program sponsor shall file a written petition with the Board outlining the partys qualifications and experience. Upon Board approval, subsection (a) will be amended accordingly.
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 33.401 (relating to credit-hour requirements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.