§ 47.59. Child abuse recognition and reporting course approval process.
(a) An individual, entity or organization may apply for approval to provide mandated reporter training as required under 23 Pa.C.S. § 6383(b) (relating to education and training) by submitting the course materials set forth in subsection (b) simultaneously to the Department of Human Services, Office of Children, Youth and Families and to the Bureau at the following addresses:
(1) Department of Human Services, Office of Children, Youth and Families, Health and Welfare Building, 625 Forster Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120 or electronically at RA-PWOCYFCPSL@pa.gov.
(2) Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs, 2601 North Third Street, P.O. Box 2649, Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649 or electronically at RA-stcpsl[lowbar]course[lowbar]email@example.com.
(b) Submissions must include the following:
(1) Contact information (mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number) for the agency/course administrator.
(2) General description of the training and course delivery method.
(3) Title of the course.
(4) Timed agenda and estimated hours of training.
(5) Learning objectives.
(6) Intended audience.
(7) The course related materials, including as applicable:
(ii) Narrated script or talking points.
(iii) Interactive activities or exercises.
(iv) Videos and audio/visual content.
(v) Knowledge checks, quizzes or other means of assessing participants understanding of the material.
(vi) For online courses, a transcript of audio training.
(8) Citation of sources, including written permission to use copyrighted material, if applicable.
(9) Anticipated credentials or experience of the presenter, or biography of presenter, if known.
(10) Printed materials used to market the training.
(11) Evaluation used to assess participants satisfaction with the training.
(12) Sample certificate of attendance/participation, which must include:
(i) Name of participant.
(ii) Title of training.
(iii) Date of training.
(iv) Length of training (2 or 3 hours).
(v) Name and signature of the authorized representative of the provider. The signature may be an electronic signature.
(vi) Statement affirming the participant attended the entire course.
(13) Verification of ability to report participation/attendance electronically to the Bureau in a format prescribed by the Bureau.
(c) The Bureau will notify the applicant in writing upon approval of the course and will post a list of approved courses on the Bureaus web site and the Boards web site.
The provisions of this § 47.59 added under section 6(2) of the Social Workers, Marriage Family Therapists and Professional Counselors Act (63 P.S. § 1906(2)); and 23 Pa.C.S. § § 63016388.
The provisions of this § 47.59 added March 18, 2022, effective March 19, 2022, 52 Pa.B. 1608.
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 47.51 (relating to definitions relating to child abuse reporting requirements); and 49 Pa. Code § 47.58 (relating to child abuse recognition and reportingmandatory training requirement).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.