§ 5.73. Application for approval of continuing education courses; attendance certificates.
(a) Providers of continuing education courses shall submit applications for course approval with the required fee to the Board at least 90 days prior to the scheduled date of the program. Prior to Board approval, a course may not be advertised as approved for continuing education required for biennial registration in an announcement or publication.
(b) An application for course approval shall include the following information:
(1) The full name and address of the approved chiropractic college, individual, chiropractic organization or chiropractic association conducting or sponsoring the course.
(2) The title of the course.
(3) The date and location of the course.
(4) The name, title, affiliation and professional background of each course instructor and certification by an approved chiropractic college that the instructor is a faculty member of the chiropractic college or recognized by the chiropractic college as qualified to teach the course.
(5) A detailed outline of the course which includes a brief description of the subject matter to be presented and the order of presentation.
(6) The total number of credit hours included in the program, excluding coffee breaks, lunches, visits to exhibits, and the like.
(7) The signature and title of the individual designated by the provider to authenticate attendance at the course.
(8) The name and address of the person designated by the sponsor to receive the official notification of the action of the Board upon the application for course approval.
(c) The Board will appoint a Committee of Board members to review applications for course approval. The Committee will approve or disapprove a course based on the standards contained in section 507 of the act (63 P. S. § 625.507) and this subchapter. The administrative office of the Board will notify the provider of the Committees decision within 45 days of receipt of the application for course approval.
(d) Notification of disapproval of a course will include the reasons for the Committees decision. A provider may submit for review by the Board an amended application within 10 days after receipt of notification of disapproval. An amended application shall document alterations to rectify deficiencies noted by the Committee.
(e) The administrative office of the Board shall be notified immediately of material changes in an approved course. Committee approval may be withdrawn if changes in the course do not adhere to section 507 of the act or this subchapter.
(f) Statements made in the application for course approval shall be sworn to be true and correct to the best of the providers information, knowledge and belief.
(g) The attendance certificate issued to licensees shall contain a statement that the attendance certificate shall be maintained on file by the licensee for 4 years.
The provisions of this § 5.73 issued under section 302 of the Chiropractic Practice Act (63 P. S. § 625.302).
The provisions of this § 5.73 adopted December 17, 1991, effective December 18, 1991, 21 Pa.B. 5944.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.