§ 1021.17. Partial-rights taxicab driver log.
(a) A taxicab driver providing service in a partial-rights taxicab shall maintain a service log, whether maintained in paper or digital form, identifying all taxicab service provided during each shift.
(b) The partial-rights taxicab service log must identify all of the following information:
(1) The date of service.
(2) The taxicab drivers name and drivers certificate number.
(3) The taxicab number, the certificate holder and the dispatcher.
(4) The times and places of origin and destination of each trip including the odometer or meter mileage at the origin and destination of each passenger trip. Origin and destination places must contain a street name and address or, if unavailable, an identifiable landmark.
(5) A designation indicating whether a trip resulted from a hail or through the dispatcher.
(6) The fare paid for the trip.
(7) The amount of any gratuity paid to the taxicab driver.
(8) The number of passengers on each trip, indicating separately each fare collected from each passenger or party of passengers sharing the ride.
(9) Each trip on which packages were delivered and the charge for the trip.
(10) The signature of the driver attesting to the accuracy of the data recorded.
(c) A partial-rights taxicab driver shall completely enter the information required by the log immediately upon the conclusion of each taxicab service trip.
(d) The taxicab log required under this section shall be maintained in the taxicab until the drivers shift has ended and be presented to an inspector at any time upon demand.
(e) Upon the conclusion of a partial-rights taxicab drivers shift, the taxicab log shall be delivered to the certificate holder and maintained by the certificate holder as provided in § 1011.11 (relating to record retention).
The provisions of this § 1021.17 temporarily amended under 53 Pa.C.S. § 57B02.
The provisions of this § 1021.17 temporarily amended May 5, 2017, effective February 25, 2017, expire upon promulgation of final-form regulations or on November 5, 2018, whichever is later, as set forth in 53 Pa.C.S. § 57B02(b), 47 Pa.B. 2558. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (373563) to (373564).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.