§ 111.5. Agent training.
(a) A supplier shall ensure the training of its agents on the following subjects:
(1) State and Federal laws and regulations that govern marketing, telemarketing, consumer protection and door-to-door sales, including consumer protection regulations in Chapters 54 and 62 (relating to electricity generation customer choice; and natural gas supply customer choice), applicable provisions in Chapters 56, 57 and 59 (relating to standards and billing practices for residential utility service; electric service; and gas service) and the act.
(2) Responsible and ethical sales practices as described in this chapter.
(3) The suppliers products and services.
(4) The suppliers rates, rate structures and payment options.
(5) The customers right to rescind and cancel contracts.
(6) The applicability of an early termination fee for contract cancellation when the supplier has one.
(7) The necessity of adhering to the script and knowledge of the contents of the script if one is used.
(8) The proper completion of transaction documents.
(9) The suppliers disclosure statement.
(10) Terms and definitions related to energy supply, transmission and distribution service as found in the dictionary of utility terms on the Commissions web site at www.puc.pa.gov.
(11) Information about how customers may contact the supplier to obtain information about billing, disputes and complaints.
(12) The confidentiality and protection of customer information and § § 54.43(d) and 62.114 (relating to standards of conduct and disclosure for licensees).
(b) A supplier shall document the training of an agent and maintain a record of the training for 3 years from the date the training was completed.
(c) A supplier shall make training materials and training records available to the Commission upon request. A supplier is not required to submit training materials and programs for advance Commission review and approval.
(d) When a supplier contracts with an independent contractor or vendor to perform marketing or sales activities on the suppliers behalf, the supplier shall confirm that the contractor or vendor has provided supplier-approved training to agents and independent contractors in accordance with this section.
(e) The supplier shall monitor telephonic and door-to-door marketing and sales calls to:
(1) Evaluate the suppliers training program.
(2) Ensure that agents are providing accurate and complete information, complying with applicable rules and regulations and providing courteous service to customers.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.