§ 111.9. Door-to-door sales.
(a) A supplier and its agents shall comply with local ordinances regarding door-to-door marketing and sales activities. A supplier shall limit door-to-door marketing or sales activities to the hours between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. during the 6 months beginning October 1 and ending March 31, and to the hours between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. during the months beginning April 1 and ending September 30. When a local ordinance has stricter limitations, a supplier shall comply with the local ordinance.
(b) A supplier and its agents shall comply with regulations that govern marketing, consumer protection and door-to-door sales including consumer protection regulations in Chapters 54 and 62 (relating to electricity generation customer choice; and natural gas supply customer choice) and the applicable provisions in Chapters 56, 57 and 59 (relating to standards and billing practices for residential utility service; electric service; and gas service).
(c) When conducting door-to-door sales or marketing activities, an agent shall display his identification badge issued by the supplier. The identification shall be prominently displayed.
(d) When engaging in door-to-door sales or marketing activities, an agent shall comply with the following:
(1) After greeting the customer, the agent shall immediately identify himself by name, the supplier the agent represents and the reason for the visit. The agent shall state that he is not working for and is independent of the local distribution company or another supplier.
(2) The agent shall offer a business card or other material that lists the agents name, identification number and title, and the suppliers name and contact information, including telephone number. This information does not need to be preprinted on the material. When the information is handwritten, it shall be printed and legible.
(e) When a customers language skills are insufficient to allow the customer to understand and respond to the information being conveyed by the agent, or when the customer or a third party informs the agent of this circumstance, the agent shall terminate contact with the customer.
(f) When an agent completes a transaction with a customer, the agent shall:
(1) Provide a copy of each document that the customer signed or initialed relating to the transaction. A copy of these documents shall be provided to the customer before the agent leaves the customers residence. If requested by the customer, a copy of the materials used by the agent during the call shall be provided to the customer as soon as practical.
(2) Explain the suppliers verification process to the customer.
(3) State that the supplier shall send a copy of the disclosure statement about the service to the customer after the transaction has been verified if the disclosure statement has not been previously provided.
(4) State that the customer may rescind the transaction within 3 business days after receiving the disclosure statement.
(g) An agent shall immediately leave a residence when requested to do so by a customer or the owner or an occupant of the premises or if the customer does not express an interest in what the agent is attempting to sell.
(h) A supplier shall comply with an individuals request to be exempted from door-to-door marketing and sales contacts and annotate its existing marketing or sales databases consistent with this request within 2 business days of the individuals request.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.