FORM AND CONTENT OF TARIFFS
§ 53.21. Title page.
All tariffs shall contain a title page with the following information in the sequence specified:
(1) The number of the tariff, and the number of the supplement, if appropriate, as indicated in § 53.7 (relating to numbering and designation). The number shall be placed in the upper right corner and immediately thereunder shall be placed the number or numbers of tariffs or supplements cancelled by such tariff or supplement.
(2) The name of the issuing public utility.
(3) The kind of public utility service to which the tariff applies.
(4) The territory to which the tariff applies, setting forth, by counties, the cities, boroughs and townships covered by the tariff. If the territory is extensive, it may be described on separate pages in the body of the tariff with appropriate reference to those pages on the title page. Telephone companies may, in lieu of the foregoing, refer to maps filed as parts of rate schedules or tariffs.
(5) Reference by title and Commission number to any other tariff which may apply in connection with the tariff or schedule.
(6) The date of issue and the effective date.
(7) On every tariff or supplement which is issued on less than statutory notice by special permission of the Commission, the following notation shall be made:
Issued under Special Permission of Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission No.
However, in looseleaf tariffs or supplements, the notation may be made on each page containing material that is issued, instead of on the title page.
(8) On every tariff, revision or supplement which is issued pursuant to rates prescribed by the Commission, usually as a result of a rate case, the following notation shall be made:
Filed in compliance with the order of Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, of
(Docket number of order).
However, in looseleaf tariffs or supplements, the notation may be made on each page containing material that is so issued, instead of on the title page.
(9) The name, title and address of the officer, administrative official or agent by whom the tariff or supplement is issued.
(10) An indication of the modification of existing rules, regulations or rates made by the tariff or supplement, together with reference to the page or pages on which the modifications are listed, shall be shown at the bottom of the page, as follows:
Increases This tariff makes Decreases In Existing Rates Changes See page
Only the particular modifications involved should be entered within the brackets of such notice. The word notice shall be printed in type not less than 1/2 inch in height, and the balance in type not smaller than 12 point.
(11) The material required by this section may be filed on a separate notice instead of on the title page of each tariff or supplement. The notice may be common to all of the tariffs or supplements pertaining to one kind of public utility service being filed simultaneously and shall conform with the specifications set forth in § 53.1 (relating to paper, alterations and reproductions). The notice shall contain the notation required by this section, the list of modifications required by § 53.22 (relating to list of modifications), and all of the following:
(i) The numbers of tariffs and supplements covered by the notice.
(ii) The name of the issuing public utility.
(iii) The territory to which the tariffs apply.
(iv) The date of issue and the effective date.
(v) The name, title and address of the officer by whom the notice is issued.
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 53.22 (relating to list of modifications); and 52 Pa. Code § 53.24 (relating to index of communities served).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.