PAYMENTS, DEPOSITS AND CHARGES
§ 53.81. Advance payments.
Payments of rates may be required in advance of furnishing any of the following services:
(1) Public utility services furnished by municipalities or their agencies beyond their corporate limits.
(2) Services rendered by canal, turnpike, tunnel, bridge and wharf utilities.
(3) Conveyance or transmission of messages or communications by telegraph public utilities.
(4) Telephone service rendered at a telephone station equipped with a coin-collecting device or at a public telephone station served by an attendant.
(5) Seasonal service, if elected to be so taken by the patron.
(6) The construction of facilities and furnishing special equipment.
(7) The restoration or reconnection of service, if service has been actually discontinued for failure by the patron to comply with tariff provisions.
(8) Gas service rendered through prepayment meters.
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 56.223 (relating to repealers).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.