§ 56.162. Informal complaint filing procedures.
An informal complaint may be filed orally or in writing and must include the following information:
(1) The name and address of the complainant and, if different, the address at which service is provided.
(2) The telephone number of the complainant.
(3) The account number of the complainant, if applicable.
(4) The name of the public utility.
(5) A brief statement of the dispute.
(6) Whether the dispute formerly has been the subject of a public utility company investigation and report. The complainant shall affirm having first contacted the public utility for the purpose of resolving the problem about which the complainant wishes to file a complaint. If the complainant has not contacted the public utility, the Commission shall direct the complainant to the public utility.
(7) Whether the dispute formerly has been the subject of a Commission informal or formal complaint.
(8) The date, if any, of proposed termination.
(9) The relief sought.
The provisions of this § 56.162 amended under the Public Utility Code, 66 Pa.C.S. § § 501, 504506, 1301, 14011419 and 1501.
The provisions of this § 56.162 adopted June 16, 1978, effective June 17, 1978, 8 Pa.B. 1655; amended July 17, 1998, effective August 17, 1998, 28 Pa.B. 3379; amended October 7, 2011, effective October 8, 2011, 41 Pa.B. 5473. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (271620), (267657) and (252041).
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 3.111 (relating to form and content of informal complaints); 52 Pa. Code § 56.100 (relating to winter termination procedures); 52 Pa. Code § 56.152 (relating to contents of the public utility company report); 52 Pa. Code § 56.165 (relating to conference procedures); 52 Pa. Code § 57.257 (relating to disputes concerning advanced metering); and 52 Pa. Code § 69.265 (relating to CAP design elements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.