§ 63.301. Statement of purpose and policy.
(a) Purpose. The purpose of this subchapter is to:
(1) Provide for an orderly process when a NSP intends to terminate service to a LSP.
(2) Provide for an orderly process when a LSP seeks to stop the provision of existing service to residential and business customers under any of the following circumstances:
(i) A NSP that provides part or all of the services necessary to provide local service is intending to terminate a LSPs interconnection agreement.
(ii) The Commission has issued an order to revoke a LSPs certificate of public convenience.
(iii) A LSP has filed an application to abandon a certificate of public convenience for the provision of local service.
(3) Ensure that customers are provided ample notice and the opportunity to select a new LSP of their choice and thereby not lose local service when the LSP exits their market.
(4) Coordinate information flow and activities through a project management team.
(5) Ensure that an abandoning LSP provides sufficient network information so that customers are able to be migrated seamlessly.
(6) Ensure that an abandoning LSP coordinates with 9-1-1 service providers and the North American Numbering Plan Administrator.
(1) This subchapter applies to a LSP that provides local service to residential or business customers.
(2) This subchapter applies to a NSP that provides wholesale local service to a LSP and intends to terminate the LSPs service for breach of an interconnection agreement.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.