§ 1130.61. Prerequisites for coverage.
To be covered, hospice services shall meet the following requirements:
(1) The services shall be reasonable and necessary for the palliation or management of the symptoms of the terminal illness as well as related conditions.
(2) The recipient shall have elected hospice care under § 1130.41 (relating to election of hospice care).
(3) A plan of care shall be established in accordance with Medicare regulations at 42 CFR 418.58 (relating to condition of participationplan of care) before the services are provided.
(4) The services shall be consistent with the plan of care.
(5) A certification that the individual is terminally ill shall be completed under § 1130.22 (relating to duration of coverage).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.