§ 1223.53. Limitations on payment.
Payment is subject to the following service limitations:
(1) One 15-minute clinic visit per day provided an eligible recipient. Payment will be made for only one of the following if more than one compensable service is provided in one 24-hour period: methadone maintenance clinic visit, chemotherapy clinic visit, drug-free clinic visit or opiate detoxification clinic visit. If psychotherapy is provided on the same day as a clinic visit, payment will be made only for the psychotherapy.
(2) Seven methadone maintenance clinic visits per patient per week for as long as the patient requires methadone maintenance as determined by his physician and documented in the patients medical record.
(3) Forty-two opiate detoxification clinic visits per patient per 365-day period for the purpose of outpatient, ambulatory opiate detoxification.
(4) A total of three chemotherapy or drug-free clinic visits per patient in a 30-day period for patients not on methadone maintenance or receiving opiate detoxification.
(5) Eight total hours of psychotherapy per patient per 30-day period. This total applies to all psychotherapy: individual, family and group.
(6) One psychiatric evaluation or comprehensive medical evaluation per patient per 365-day period. Either the psychiatric evaluation or the comprehensive medical evaluation may be billed in a 365-day period; payment will only be made for one evaluation in one 365-day period.
(7) One comprehensive diagnostic psychological evaluation or up to an $80 maximum worth of individual psychological or intellectual evaluations per patient per 365-day period.
The provisions of this § 1223.53 amended under sections 403(a) and (b), 443.3(1) and 509 of the Public Welfare Code (62 P. S. § § 403(a) and (b), 443.3(1) and 509).
The provisions of this § 1223.53 amended February 26, 1982, effective March 15, 1982, 12 Pa.B. 837; amended September 30, 1988, effective July 29, 1987, 18 Pa.B. 4423; amended August 9, 1991, effective immediately and apply retroactively to January 1, 1990, 21 Pa.B. 3511. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (131104) to (131105).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.