§ 1230.52. Payment conditions for various services.
(a) Portable X-ray procedures billed to the Department shall be based on a practitioners written request. The written request must include:
(1) The practitioners name and medical license number.
(2) The recipients name and address.
(3) The recipients case number.
(4) The date of the request.
(5) The handwritten signature of the practitioner or the practitioners designated employe.
(6) The number and type of X-ray studies requested.
(7) The diagnosis or reason the X-rays were ordered.
(8) The reasons for the need for portable X-ray study rather than office X-ray.
(b) Payment for transporting portable X-ray equipment from the providers office to the place of service will be made in accordance with Chapter 1150 (relating to MA Program payment policies) and the MA Program fee schedule and the limitation in § 1230.53 (relating to limitation on payment).
The provisions of this § 1230.52 adopted August 13, 1982, effective August 14, 1982, 12 Pa.B. 2688; amended December 23, 1983, effective January 1, 1983, 13 Pa.B. 3932; amended September 30, 1988, effective October 1, 1988, 18 Pa.B. 4418. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (117498).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 1230.52a (relating to clarification of the terms written and signaturestatement of policy).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.