§ 141.1. Policy.
(a) Types of assistance available. A person in this Commonwealth who is in need may be eligible for one of the following kinds of cash assistance. However, a person may not receive concurrently more than one of the four following categories of cash assistance:
(1) TANF in one of its several forms.
(b) Type of assistance provided. An individual may also be eligible for MA to cover health care costs. An individual may be eligible for MA in addition to one of the cash assistance programs in subsection (a), or an individual may be ineligible for cash assistance but eligible for MA. This subpart contains the eligibility requirements and procedures for TANF and GA cash assistance and MA. Policies and procedures governing SBP and SSI are contained in Chapters 297 and 451 (relating to Supplemental Security Income Program; and State Blind Pension). An individual who meets the eligibility requirements of a particular type of assistance receives that type of assistance, except in the following circumstances:
(1) If the person meets the eligibility requirements for GA, but is included in a TANF grant group as set forth in § 171.21(b) (relating to policy).
(2) If the person is a blind person as defined in Chapter 451 but chooses to apply for a type of assistance other than SBP.
(3) If a person meets the eligibility requirements of SBP as well as any other type of assistance, the person receives SBP, if he chooses to apply for SBP.
(4) If a person qualifies as a specified relative as defined in § 151.42 (relating to definitions) of a child who would be eligible for TANF but who is receiving SSI, the person cannot receive GA. The person must receive TANF or SBP.
The provisions of this § 141.1 amended under sections 201(2), 403(b), 432 and 432.21(a) of the Public Welfare Code (62 P. S. § § 201(2), 403(b), 432 and 432.21(a)); the Support Law (62 P. S. § § 19711977); Titles I and III of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (Pub. L. No. 104-193) (PRWORA), creating the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program, and amending 42 U.S.C.A. § § 601619, 651669(b) and 1396u-1; and the Federal TANF regulations in 45 CFR 260.10265.10.
The provisions of this § 141.1 adopted August 4, 1977, effective August 5, 1977, 7 Pa.B. 2180; amended July 28, 1978, effective August 28, 1978, 8 Pa.B. 2104; corrected August 4, 1978, effective August 28, 1978, 8 Pa.B. 2185; amended October 2, 1992, effective upon publication and apply retroactively to October 1, 1989, 22 Pa.B. 4875; amended September 13, 2002, effective retroactively to March 3, 1997, 32 Pa.B. 4435. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (268268) to (268269).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 299.36 (relating to eligibility requirements for SSP-only).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.