CATEGORIES OF MA
§ 178.11. Categories of NMP-MA.
NMP-MA applicants or recipients shall meet the resource requirements of the category of NMP-MA for which they are eligible. The following explains the different NMP-MA categories:
(1) The PA category designates an NMP person who is 65 years of age or older. This category is an SSI-related category.
(2) The PJ category designates an NMP person who meets the eligibility conditions as a disabled person. This category is an SSI-related category.
(3) The PM category designates an NMP person who meets the eligibility conditions as a blind person. This category is an SSI-related category.
(4) The PC category is a TANF-related category and designates an NMP individual who is one of the following:
(i) A person under 21 years of age, regardless of school attendance, emancipation or marital status.
(ii) An individual 21 years of age or older and under 65 years of age who meets the requirements of a specified relative under § 151.42 (relating to definitions) and is responsible for the care and control of a dependent child. For purposes of determining if the individual 21 years of age or older and under 65 years of age is a specified relative, a dependent child, including the child who is receiving SSI, is a child under 18 years of age or under 19 years of age if the child is a full-time student in secondary school or the equivalent level of a vocational or technical school and who meets the deprivation of support conditions under § 153.43(a)(c) (relating to TANF deprivation of support or care requirements).
(iii) A pregnant woman 21 years of age or older who is a member of a two parent household which does not meet the unemployed principal wage earner definition in § 153.44(d) (relating to procedures).
(5) The PU category is an TANF-related category and designates an NMP person who is one of the following:
(i) The parents in a two parent household that includes a dependent child as defined in paragraph (4) and an unemployed principal wage earner as defined in § 153.44(d).
(ii) A pregnant woman with no other children and the father of her unborn child, who constitute a two parent household with an unemployed principal wage earner, as defined in § 153.44(d).
(6) The PD category is a GA-related category and designates an NMP person who is 21 years of age or older and under 65 years of age, who meets the eligibility requirements for GA and who chooses to receive only MA.
The provisions of this § 178.11 amended under sections 201(2) and 403(b) of the Public Welfare Code (62 P. S. § § 201(2) and 403(b)); Titles I and III of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (Pub. L. No. 104-193) (PRWORA), creating the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program, and amending 42 U.S.C.A. § § 601619, 651669(b) and 1396u-1; section 1902(a)(10)(A) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C.A. § 1396a(a)(10)(A); and the Federal TANF regulations in 45 CFR 260.10265.10.
The provisions of this § 178.11 amended July 28, 2000, the provisions under Act 49 effective September 1, 1994, the provisions under Act 20 effective July 1, 1995, 30 Pa.B. 3779; amended September 13, 2002, effective retroactively to March 3, 1997, 32 Pa.B. 4435. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (268345) to (268346).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.