§ 2600.64. Administrator training and orientation.
(a) Prior to initial employment as an administrator, a candidate shall successfully complete the following:
(1) An orientation program approved and administered by the Department.
(2) A 100-hour standardized Department-approved administrator training course.
(3) A Department-approved competency-based training test with a passing score.
(4) Paragraphs (1), (2) and (3) do not apply to an administrator hired or promoted prior to October 24, 2005.
(b) The standardized Department-approved administrator training course specified in subsection (a)(2) shall include the following:
(1) Fire prevention and emergency preparedness.
(2) Medication procedures, medication effects and side effects, universal precautions and personal hygiene.
(3) Certification in CPR and obstructed airway techniques and training in first aid.
(4) Personal care services.
(5) Local, State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of a home.
(6) Nutrition, food handling and sanitation.
(8) Care for residents with mental illness.
(9) Resident rights.
(10) Care for residents with dementia, cognitive impairments and other special needs.
(11) Care for residents with an intellectual disability.
(12) Community resources, social services and activities in the community.
(13) Staff supervision and staff person training including developing orientation and training guidelines for staff.
(14) Budgeting, financial recordkeeping and resident records including:
(i) Writing, completing and implementing initial assessments, annual assessments and support plans.
(ii) Resident-home contracts.
(16) Abuse and neglect prevention and reporting.
(17) Cultural competency.
(18) The requirements of this chapter.
(c) An administrator shall have at least 24 hours of annual training relating to the job duties. The Department-approved administrator training course specified in subsection (a) fulfills the annual training requirement for the first year.
(d) Annual training shall be provided by Department-approved training sources listed in the Departments personal care home training resource directory or by an accredited college or university.
(e) An administrator who has successfully completed the training in subsections (a)(d) shall provide written verification of successful completion to the Departments personal care home regional office.
(f) A record of training including the individual trained, date, source, content, length of each course and copies of certificates received shall be kept.
(g) A licensed nursing home administrator who is employed as an administrator prior to October 24, 2006, is exempt from the training and educational requirements of this chapter if the administrator continues to meet the requirements of the Department of State. A licensed nursing home administrator hired as an administrator after October 23, 2006, shall complete and pass the Department-approved personal care home administrator competency-based training test.
The provisions of this § 2600.64 amended under sections 211 and 213 and Articles IX and X of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 211, 213, 901922 and 10011088).
The provisions of this § 2600.64 amended June 17, 2016, effective June 18, 2016, 46 Pa.B. 3177. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (311286) to (311287).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.