§ 3041.65. Verification of income.
(a) Acceptable verification of earned income from employment includes one of the following:
(1) Pay stubs reflecting earnings for 4 weeks in the most recent 6-week period, the Departments Employment Verification form reflecting actual or anticipated earnings, the Internal Revenue Service form used for reporting tips, an employer statement of anticipated earnings and hours or other document that establishes the parents or caretakers earnings or anticipated earnings from employment.
(2) A collateral contact, as specified in § 3041.62 (relating to collateral contact).
(3) A written self-declaration by the parent or caretaker as specified in § 3041.64 (relating to self-declaration).
(b) Acceptable verification of income from self-employment includes one of the following:
(1) Tax returns, including schedules related to self-employment, filed for the preceding Federal tax year and which document profit for that year.
(2) A notarized statement of gross earnings, minus allowable cost of doing business which shows hourly profit equal to or more than the Pennsylvania minimum wage, for the preceding Federal tax quarter is acceptable and is valid until the next Federal Income Tax Return is filed. At the time the Federal Income Tax Return is filed, a redetermination of eligibility shall be completed.
(3) An annual Federal Income Tax Return shall be used as income documentation when the parent or caretaker has been self-employed for more than 1 year in the same business and is only valid until the next Federal Income Tax Return is filed.
(c) Acceptable verification of unearned income includes one of the following:
(1) A copy of a current benefit check, an award letter that designates the amount of a grant or benefit, such as a letter from the Social Security Administration stating the amount of the Social Security benefit, a bank statement, a court order, or other document or database report that establishes the amount of unearned income.
(2) A collateral contact, as specified in § 3041.62.
(3) A written self-declaration by the parent or caretaker, as specified in § 3041.64.
(d) If a family receives or pays child support, the eligibility agency shall verify the amount of support received or paid by the family by requesting this information from the Department, whether the information is found in the Pennsylvania Child Support Enforcement System or in another source.
The provisions of this § 3041.65 amended under sections 201(2), 403(b) and 403.1 of the Public Welfare Code (62 P. S. § § 201(2), 403(b) and 403.1).
The provisions of this § 3041.65 amended April 13, 2012, effective April 14, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 2029. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (312096) to (312097).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3041.91 (relating to general domestic violence waiver requirements).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.