§ 3270.115. Water activity.
(1) A swimming pool must conform to 28 Pa. Code Chapter 18 (relating to public swimming and bathing places).
(2) An in-ground swimming pool accessible to children must be fenced with a locked gate.
(3) An aboveground swimming pool which is not in use must be made inaccessible to children in accordance with the swimming pool barrier guidelines of the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission.
(4) An indoor swimming pool which is not in use must be made inaccessible to children.
(5) The following staff:child ratios apply while children are swimming:
Similar Age Level Staff Children Infant 1 1 Young or older toddler 1 2 Preschool 1 5 Young school-age 1 6 Older school-age 1 8
(6) When children are swimming, supervision shall include one person certified in lifeguard training, as described in § 3270.31(e)(4)(iii) (relating to age and training).
(7) The person certified in lifeguard training may not be included in the staff:child ratio.
(8) A facility person who is counted in the staff:child swimming ratio shall annually complete water safety instruction.
(1) Staff persons shall supervise children in care using wading pools. Staff: child ratios in subsection (a) apply when children are wading.
(2) A sanitizing solution shall be added to water in a wading pool. An acceptable sanitizing solution is 3/4 teaspoon of bleach added to 50 gallons of water.
(3) A wading pool shall be emptied daily.
(c) Water play tables. A water play table or a container used for water play that contains unfiltered water shall be emptied daily.
The provisions of this § 3270.115 amended under Articles IX and X of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 901922 and 10011088).
The provisions of this § 3270.115 amended May 23, 2008, effective September 22, 2008, 38 Pa.B. 2437; amended December 18, 2020, effective December 19, 2020, 50 Pa.B. 7133. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (335030) to (335031).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3270.13 (relating to waivers); and 55 Pa. Code § 3270.241 (relating to requirements specific to school-age programs).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.