§ 3280.221. Requirements specific to school-age programs.
(a) If a child is required to be enrolled in public or private school under the Public School Code of 1949 (24 P.S. § § 1-10127-2702) and if the child is not enrolled and if the child is not exempted from enrollment under the Public School Code, a child care facility may not admit the child for care during the hours when the child is required by law to attend public or private school.
(b) A facility or a space in a facility in which care is provided exclusively to school-age children shall comply only with the following:
(1) General provisions. Sections 3280.13280.4 (relating to general provisions).
(2) General requirements. Sections 3280.113280.26 (relating to general requirements).
(3) Staff persons and volunteers. Sections 3280.313280.34.
(4) Staff:child ratio. Sections 3280.51, 3280.52(b) and 3280.53 (relating to staff:child ratio).
(5) Physical site:
(i) Physical site requirements do not apply for a school-age program located in a school building that is under section 776.1 of the Public School Code of 1949 (24 P. S. § 7-776.1); specifically, a program operated for school-age children in a public or private school building, a building used by an intermediate unit, or an area vocational-technical school building which meets the physical site requirements acceptable to the Department of Education.
(ii) A school-age program not located in a school building referenced in subparagraph (i) must comply with requirements located in § § 3280.61, 3280.62, 3280.64, 3280.67, 3280.69, 3280.72(a), 3280.73, 3280.74, 3280.76, 3280.78, 3280.79 and 3280.81(a) and (c).
(6) Firesafety. Sections 3280.91(a) and 3280.923280.94 (relating to firesafety).
(7) Equipment. Sections 3280.101, 3280.102(a)(c) and (g), 3280.107 and 3280.108.
(8) Program. Sections 3280.111, 3280.113, 3280.115(a) and (b), 3280.116 and 3280.118.
(9) Procedures for admission. Sections 3280.1213280.124 (relating to procedures for admission). When a school-age child attends the facility 15 hours or less per week, the operator is not required to complete the Departments approved form to provide information to the family about the childs growth and development in the context of the services being provided referenced in § 3280.124(a)(3).
(10) Child health. Sections 3280.1313280.134(a) and 3280.1363280.138. An equivalent health report completed by a school is acceptable as documentation of child health for a school-age child.
(11) Adult health. Sections 3280.1513280.153, 3280.154(a) and 3280.155 (relating to adult health).
(i) In a facility operating a school-age program for fewer than 4 consecutive hours, the nutrition requirements do not apply.
(ii) If a program operates for 4 or more consecutive hours or if a program provides meals or snacks, the primary staff person shall comply with § § 3280.1613280.165.
(i) A facility is exempt from transportation requirements when children attending care at the facility are transported in vehicles owned and operated by the school district in which the facility is located.
(ii) A facility not operating under the provisions referenced in subparagraph (i) shall comply with requirements located in § § 3280.1713280.178 (relating to transportation).
(14) Child records. Sections 3280.1813280.185 (relating to child records).
(15) Adult records. Sections 3280.1913280.193 (relating to adult records).
(16) Special exceptions. Sections 3280.2113280.213 and 3280.215.
(17) Telephone. Staff persons shall have immediate access to a working telephone on the facility premises. If a land-line telephone is not accessible to staff persons during the hours of facility operation, a wireless telephone is acceptable.
The provisions of this § 3280.221 amended under Articles IX and X of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 901922 and 10011088).
The provisions of this § 3280.221 amended May 23, 2008, effective September 22, 2008, 38 Pa.B. 2437; amended December 18, 2020, effective December 19, 2020, 50 Pa.B. 7133. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (335111) to (335113).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3280.3 (relating to applicability); and 55 Pa. Code § 3280.172 (relating to consent).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.