§ 3290.23. Compliance with nondiscrimination requirements.
(a) An operator shall comply with the statutes listed in subsection (b). An operator or staff person may not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religious creed, ethnic origin, handicap, National origin or economic status and shall observe applicable Federal and State statutes and regulations.
(b) A certificate of compliance will not be granted by the Department to a legal entity unless compliance with civil rights laws and applicable regulations has been met. The applicable laws as identified on the certificate of compliance application are:
(1) The Pennsylvania Human Relations Act (43 P.S. § § 951962.2).
(2) The Age Discrimination Act of 1975 (42 U.S.C.A. § § 61016107).
(3) Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C.A. § § 2000d2000d-4a).
(4) Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C.A. § § 2000e2000e-5).
(5) Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C.A. § 794).
(6) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C.A. § § 1210112514).
(c) The appropriate forms to establish compliance shall be included with the application for certification.
The provisions of this § 3290.23 amended under Articles IX and X of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 901922 and 10011088).
The provisions of this § 3290.23 amended December 18, 2020, effective December 19, 2020, 50 Pa.B. 7133. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (335129).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.