§ 3290.24. Emergency plan.
(a) The facility shall have an emergency plan that provides for:
(1) Shelter of children during an emergency including lock-down, shelter in place at the facility and shelter at locations away from the facility premises.
(2) Evacuation of children from the facility building and evacuation of children to a location away from the facility premises. The evacuation routes and evacuation plans to exit the building may be the same as those required by § 3290.94 (relating to fire drills).
(3) A method for facility persons to contact parents as soon as reasonably possible when an emergency situation arises.
(4) A method for facility persons to inform parents that the emergency has ended and to provide instruction as to how parents can safely be reunited with their children.
(5) Accommodations of infants and toddlers, children with disabilities and children with chronic medical conditions.
(b) The operator shall review the emergency plan at least annually and update the plan as needed. Each review and update of the emergency plan shall be documented in writing and kept on file at the facility.
(c) Each facility person shall receive training regarding the emergency plan at the time of initial employment, on an annual basis and at the time of each plan update. The date of each training and the name of each facility person who received the training shall be documented in writing and kept on file at the facility.
(d) Emergency drills shall be conducted annually. Annual emergency drills shall be documented and on file at the facility.
(e) The emergency plan shall be posted in the facility at a conspicuous location.
(f) The operator shall provide to the parent of each enrolled child a letter explaining the emergency procedures described in subsection (a). The operator shall also provide to the parent of each enrolled child a letter explaining any subsequent update to the plan.
(g) The operator shall send a copy of the emergency plan and subsequent plan updates to the local municipality and to the county emergency management agency.
The provisions of this § 3290.24 adopted under Articles IX and X of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 901922 and 10011087); and amended under Articles IX and X of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 901922 and 10011088).
The provisions of this § 3290.24 adopted May 23, 2008, effective September 22, 2008, 38 Pa.B. 2437; amended December 18, 2020, effective December 19, 2020, 50 Pa.B. 7133. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (335129) to (335130).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.